16th Sept - BX Rescue Mission! - ATTN: All Greater London/Croydon/Kent/Orpington shiters - help needed!

SmokinWaffle

19 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

I may be in Kent that day. If I am I’ll let you know; could swing by on way back to Sussex

Brilliant - PM me your mobile number if you like and we can sort it on the day/you can ring me if you're near.

More the merrier - this is looking to be fun!

On 9/5/2020 at 8:35 PM, CaptainBoom said:

I know just the place, back street MOT garage in the Industrial Estate where I work, the look on their faces when I took my SAAB 900 there was priceless...  They would shit bricks if they saw this!

Perhaps South Eastern Volvo Massiv?

When I bought my Hillman Hunter I drove it straight to the MOT (110 miles or so), in the snow/drizzle, with none, it spat out all it's coolant on the ramp as the wrong pump was fitted and started leaking oil everywhere.

Chap sighed, said he couldn't be bothered as it was nearly going home time and if I could get the wiper wash working he'd pass it.

Needless to say, it passed.

Oh what, now I'm missing out on some BOB time too? Not fair.

I've weirdly been thinking about this a bit recently. If you can't find keys or anything, and can't jimmy the front door, instead of bending the door frame back you could try breaking the rear door quarter window and try and pull the door lock up that way? I know quarter glass is quite easy to get...

17 minutes ago, barrett said:

Oh what, now I'm missing out on some BOB time too? Not fair.

I've weirdly been thinking about this a bit recently. If you can't find keys or anything, and can't jimmy the front door, instead of bending the door frame back you could try breaking the rear door quarter window and try and pull the door lock up that way? I know quarter glass is quite easy to get...

They'll get in easily with a wire coathanger, I had to let myself into mine with one (long story) a while back - no damage to the door or anything.

3 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

I'm thinking about packing straps, going to speak to The Boy later to see if he's got any hanging round at work - I've checked here but no joy.

Do you mean this stuff?

af7f74eed1984b0eacdbd98a92e7d328.jpg.81dc61fa518c74e53966dd983eede3aa.jpg

Nylon weave type material, about 10mm wide and about 1mm thick?  I've got shedloads at work.  I'll bring some along first thing on the day.

I'm on the lookout for a wire coathanger as well, nothing at home, but I'll try family and work.

1 hour ago, Mr Pastry said:

This is probably the most exciting thing that has happened in Orpington evah! 

Most definitely!  It can be said that 'a night on the town' in Orpington  takes three and a half minutes, most of that is spent looking for somewhere to park, and when I Googled things to do in Orpington, the first response was a car rental company...

3 hours ago, rob88h said:

I'll be watching here tomorrow for live updates ?. I hope Orpington has good mobile data signal!

Well...  if you rub wrap the phone and yourself in tin foil and stand at the top of a hill, you can get Edge (E). 

3G is a distant possibility and 4G is ok at about 3AM when no-one else is updating their status on Facething.

Bearing in mind we only just stopped throwing stones at the moon here, and we have cold running water on Tuesdays that's not too bad.