Migration downtime 19th/20th - Complete

tobyd

Hello,

We've got to move AS off the existing host in the next few weeks so going to need an extended period of downtime to get this sorted. Weekend of the September (this month!) 19th and 20th is the date this is all going down.

I hope it won't take ages but from midnight on Saturday 19th (the start of saturday, rather than end) anything you were in the middle of posting might get lost. Not entirely sure when it'll be back up but i'll post something here when its safe to start posting again, tenatively hopeful for mid-afternoon saturday but if it all blows up it might slither into sunday.

Migration Update.

The site and all its content has now moved and had some minor upgrades along the way. A few things behind the mouldy curtains have changed so if things start to act out let me know.

Less minor is the upgrade of the forum software - this is a bit more sudden. Everything should be roughly where it was before but there are a few wrinkles in some corners that will be rectified as we go. If you can't find something you might want to try switching the theme back to default (very bottom of the page, dropdown called 'Theme') and seeing if it reappears - please let me know about things that are missing.

• tobyd changed the title to Migration downtime 19th/20th - Complete

Awesome work! I see the forum software itself has had a bit of an upgrade :) 

hopefully the ol editor bugs have finally been squashed? 

nice to see the posting summery thingy is back from the old forum software, but as above it would be nice if that could be made collapsable? I dont want it gone, but it does leave a lot of dead space to the right of the page once im scrolling down etc

8 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

I just came on here to post that...

yeah theres also quite a bit of dead space on the top of the forum which means even on my fancy 2560x1440 monitor I can only see the first 3 new posts! (ignoring the stickies) without having to scroll down

image.thumb.png.4375081d43192c75bde38d86484e500e.png

I think if the "follow" and "start new topic" buttons are brought to the same line as "Autoshite" is that would cut down on a lot of the dead space :) 

otherwise new forum software has been working well for me so far :) nothing new has blown up or gone missing that I have noticed

25 minutes ago, tobyd said:

Tapatalk should be back now @SiC

Thanks it works now. 

Is there an option to enable BBCode input into the text editor in this version? Would be nice to not have to use this god awful editor that is a lot more awkward on mobile than it needs to be. Other forums I'm on have an option to switch between Rich Text Editor and BBCode. E.g.

Screenshot_20200919-140041.thumb.png.f5c55b46e94266e615310a0e9c8a859b.png

Ta. 

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

yeah theres also quite a bit of dead space on the top of the forum which means even on my fancy 2560x1440 monitor I can only see the first 3 new posts! (ignoring the stickies) without having to scroll down

image.thumb.png.4375081d43192c75bde38d86484e500e.png

I think if the "follow" and "start new topic" buttons are brought to the same line as "Autoshite" is that would cut down on a lot of the dead space :) 

otherwise new forum software has been working well for me so far :) nothing new has blown up or gone missing that I have noticed

Same for me with the dead spacxe at the top.

Otherwise, all OK. Thanks.

Also, the brown text on brown background on the forum index page is quite difficult to read.

My only quibbles would be the "Home" button text is almost impossible to see, the Autoshite logo isn't displayed in full, and the reply area would be better in white rather than matching the background - only minor points though, main problem was getting withdrawal symptoms while it was offline!

Screenshot_20200919-143841_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, tobyd said:

@loserone - this now appears to be the blue dot before the topic name - that will take you to the last unread post, the topic name itself takes you to page 1. Seems backwards to me, I'll see if there is an config for it.

Yes, this is the default setting.  You used to be able to configure a stream so that the topic title worked in the same way as the dot, and that's all that stream was configured to do.

I use a pretty small scaling on my phone, so clicking on the dot is pretty much impossible.