Another Kolectshun Fred.

Vince70

My father has been telling me recently that he’s bored with his W169 A class and he’s had the car for a few years and it’s in lovely condition and has only done 40000 so I tried talking him out of selling it but it wasn’t working but I will say he’s a man of taste as he has a soft spot for a Rover 75 but yesterday he was after a C30 Volvo so it was a lottery what he wanted really.

I have a lovely early R50 and so does my Brother and I know he likes them and a very late limited edition Mini 7 R50 on a 56 plate came up that was fully loaded and had most importantly had a Sunroof for the bargain sum of £495 as it needed two front tyres and had previously been on a cat N plus had a light on the dashboard so it sounded like pure autoshite.

It came up only around the corner from me and he gave me an address I vaguely recognised so off me and the misses went then last minute my father 

decided he didn’t want a Bini and I didn’t want to muck the seller about and went anyway.

When we got there we met the seller and was presently surprised by the condition of the car but the other half looked under the bonnet and said what does this wire do and plugged it in and the dash light went off as it was the Open bonnet Warning light that was on so I couldn’t exactly knock the price down after she fixed it lol.

The car seems in good condition apart from the front bumper could do with Slight realignment which I will get around to doing and it needs two tyres but it’s only done 77000 miles and drives quite well and will look amazing with a good clean and polish so I think I got a good buy at £495 and the bonus is I took it straight round my parents and now my old man loves it and hopefully I should get it looking as good as new with a new ticket for under £700.

125566D9-D901-4945-8D8A-80B11725F220.jpeg

8F82A5B2-6E68-4CD7-AA6D-9E57AC9B8C76.jpeg

5DE2D8F9-FE25-4FB7-8C7E-6390D34697DE.jpeg

A688E31C-5113-4A53-B8FA-1B0626034696.jpeg

627911D8-019F-4B0F-A0BC-EDD70120BB50.jpeg

I’ve bought a few over the years and the best in my book are the early examples as in late 06 the R56 came out and has the horrible BMW/Peugeot engine that eats timing chains.

The best to get are the post July 04 to 06 examples as they have the earlier Chrysler engine with the later Getrag gearbox and this one is one of the very last being built in September 06 but being I’ve bought it for my father rather than myself I just hope it isn’t a bad one but it needs a pool ball gear knob 

I’ve just chucked a bucket of water over the mini 7 to just get rid of the bird crap.and it’s going to look amazing when cleaned as in some light it looks metallic purple and other times it looks pearlescent black.

But before I give it a good polish I want to put a fresh MOT on it as it’s only got a month on it so I don’t want to tempt fate lol.

My brother has a red Bini and when we got it for him a few years ago it looked amazing and now it’s been pressure washed  a few times over the years the lacquer has come  off on the roof and bonnet in a few places and I’ve patched it up with Poundland lacquer sprayed into a lid then painted the damaged area with a small brush and flattened it back with 2000 wet and dry.  

I did say get a Union Jack on the roof and some  bonnet stripes and it should cover it up on nicely on his car.

I’m amazed how many extras are thrown on the 7 as I have a yellow Cooper which had quite a few options thrown at it and this has a lot more toys.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave the mini a wash and wax today as I had some Poundland wax (turtle-wax)  for dark cars sitting in the garage which had been in the shelf for about 5 years.

The car came up like new so tomorrow the steamer is coming out and the interior is getting cleaned up and I’ve got some teak oil for the plastics.

C9750F9D-8CF2-4591-864E-CCC546C95380.jpeg

5608F5EE-0F00-490E-BA64-53C23A76E281.jpeg

1750B55A-641C-4C92-ADAE-2F815471B55C.jpeg