Shite Little Koupvertible appraisal

B4lljoints

Righty ho!

I mentioned that I'd do a thread on this little horror in the SLK thread in 'Ask a Shiter' so here goes.

I sold my W123 coupe (cos I'm an idiot) and then I sold my W124 (cos I'm an idiot).

I wanted a change from a merc so I went to look at MX5s and MGFs but all the ones in my budget were a bit* crumbly. This popped up as a trade in at a local dealer and it was cheap so I nabbed it as a stopgap. It's been a FOUR year stopgap...

So what's good? erm... it's pretty quick, it's not rusty, it's cheap to run and parts are dirt cheap, it's got a big boot when the top's up and you can fit rolled up carpets and long lengths of timber in it with the roof down.

What's bad? erm... it's not really a 'sportscar', inevitable tonsorialist jokes, wheels are made of cheese, there's no getting away from the fact that MB had taken their finger off the quality materials button. That said no bits have fallen off but it doesn't feel as sold as a w124/w123.

So there we go - so far so boring.

I must get round to changing this soon as I've had it too long but it just keeps on doing what it does. There's a naughty 190e that keeps flashing its knickers at me though so watch this space... 

BTW I might be a serial merc licker but I've had lots of Alfas, Lancias and Fords too so I'm not completely beyond hope. ?

20200724_103308.jpg

20200724_103328.jpg

20200724_103428.jpg

FB_IMG_1595584681809.jpg

FB_IMG_1595584696654.jpg

Like the w124- it’s a bit of an interesting one with second facelift meets first facelift indicators. I’m assuming it was a second facelift as the number of details from that (body colour bumper inserts, smoked rear lenses, bonnet/grille /headlamp glass combo) outweighs the gingercators, age wise it’s on the border of both being on an L.