New here

Mad Murdoch

38 minutes ago, camryv6 said:

@TheDoctoryou need to up your game !

No, no, no. You see, that's the look I've been trying to avoid. The 'I've just stuck a load of tat to my car for no reason' look.

A true 'rat' or a post apocalyptic vehicle (two very different things) needs to be function over form. Even if that function is a made up one, like putting bull bars on for zombies you will never encounter or big tyres /suspension for off roading you will never do. 

While Mad Murdoch's car is individual(ish) and considered as edgy and cool to some, it's really not my sort of thing. 

I do get how to the general public the two 'styles' can be seen as the same, but they aren't. 

15 hours ago, New POD said:

Its April Again ? 

Might I ask, respectfully, and only a little tongue in cheek, but mostly with a little seriousness.  

How does one describe the modifications to your insurer ? 

I mean, I struggle with explaining that a mk1 mx5 has a mk2 mx5 glass rear window in the softtop And a stainless exhaust that probably doesn't make it faster or any more desirable. 

Or that a 1992 mk3 1.8L cavalier, has alloy wheels off a 1993 Mk3 cavalier 1.8 envoy, but only because they had new tyres on and it was the cheapest way of getting 4 decent tyres. 

I hope that when you finally got to one of the more isolated part of North Africa you merely shovelled all of the money that you had raised on the way into the coffers of the local school or hospital, and drove back rather than donating it to a people who had already suffered so much.

20 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

No, no, no. You see, that's the look I've been trying to avoid. The 'I've just stuck a load of tat to my car for no reason' look.

A true 'rat' or a post apocalyptic vehicle (two very different things) needs to be function over form. Even if that function is a made up one, like putting bull bars on for zombies you will never encounter or big tyres /suspension for off roading you will never do. 

While Mad Murdoch's car is individual(ish) and considered as edgy and cool to some, it's really not my sort of thing. 

I do get how to the general public the two 'styles' can be seen as the same, but they aren't. 

That makes sense, two completely different vehicles