Bristol Cars Fan?

Saabnut

If unlike me you are a fan of Bristol Cars, here is your last chance! The assets of the company are up for auction, everything from cars to memorabilia, bucks to tools, merchandise and even some Autoshite motors in a diesel BMW and a Lacetti.

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/wyles-hardy/catalogue-id-wy10108?utm_source=bs-bespoke-auc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=wyles-hardy&utm_term=20200825-pr&utm_content=wy10108-maincta&archivesearch=False

I'm planning to bid on some of the furniture but it looks like it's already attracting some interest. Weirdly, the important stuff (ie not 'regalia' or multiple copies of the same shit book) - the actual plans and blueprints for Bristol's entire car producing life, are not being offered in an open auction but by sealed bidding. I assume the BOC and Bristol Archive Trust are trying to secure as much of this stuff as possible. It was all stored in the old plan chests of the basement of the Kensington St showroom when I visited a few years ago... some amazing stuff in there

1 hour ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

I’ve only looked at this lot so far, but it’s about 5mins from my home. For some reason ( money?) the workshop moved to part of the old Linde BOC site a couple of years ago.

41 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Does anyone know whether the headlights are from a Ford Cortina Mk.V '80, or a VW K70?

I seem to recall exactly this conversation kicking off on the eBay thread a little while back. Sadly I can't remember that the consensus was, although I'm pretty sure it was neither of those suggestions.

2 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

I’ve only looked at this lot so far, but it’s about 5mins from my home. For some reason ( money?) the workshop moved to part of the old Linde BOC site a couple of years ago. Given how close it is to collect, there are a few items I may bid on for work- nice hydraulic trolley, solvent cabinets etc

4 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

"A BRISTOL BRIGAND TYPE 603/3 TURBOCHARGED SALOON, CHASSIS NUMBER 5035 308504023. WE UNDERSTAND"

Good to know they understand your affliction before you bid, saves you having to worry about being sectioned.