Being boring, a belated collection.

bigstraight6

I know I should have tried harder, but being up at 04.15am yesterday to be on the 05.27am Plymouth to Newcastle train I was literally on auto pilot after a week of 12 hour days steering a 26 ton 6 wheeler around West Cornwall on roads chocked with staycationers, I did witness a stunning sunrise over the bay as the train seemingly skimmed across the sea between Teignmouth and Dawlish, surely the most beautiful stretch of railway in the country.

Soon after I nodded off and awoke to the magnificent Bristol Temple Meads station where I found myself reminiscing about early 80’s train spotting days out where a good selection of locomotives could be seen at the much missed Bath Road depot, I did see my first locomotives soon after departing here at Bristol Parkway in the shape of a brace of class 66’s.

When the train finally arrived at Leeds I couldn’t believe how different the City and Station looked since the last time I visited, August 1984 to take 40 099 to Carlisle. And after a short journey to Keighley the car bit of the journey began. A car my Wife found on eBay and fell in love with, leading to me putting a deposit on a car I haven’t seen which is something I’ve never done. It turned out to be good, 40,000 miles with good history and I thoroughly enjoyed the long drive back home!

DEC410D6-0305-4D28-9F64-B43CB6A98D5E.jpeg