30 mile collection... no need for camping gear surely?

brownnova

I'm insanely jealous that it's borderline unhealthy. That is presactly what I need really.  But you're right, prices are absolutely through the roof at the moment - and the chances of picking something up at a reasonable price this side of October seem slim to none.

Congratulations.  

Not only is it a winnar, but it's an early enough model to have opening quarterlights.  I do wonder if the Talbot Express (J5, C25 Ducato etc.) was one of the last vehicles to have proper opening quarterlights.  They even go past 90 degrees so on a hot day you can scoop air from the outside and blatter it at you, rather than winding the window down and just getting deaf in one ear and buffeted to death,

Well bought indeed.  Buy and carry a spare RHD clutch cable and accelerator cable with you.  Apparently they are getting quite rare and original ones are old enough to snap without warning.

How sloppy is the gearchange?  On a scale from "like stirring a bucket of bricks" to "where the fuck have all my gears gone?"

2 hours ago, jonny69 said:Sit there squeezing one out in front of the kids while the wife cooks breakfast. Ahh, doesn't get much better than that.

Quite right. There was a bit of a fuss on the Tat thread about a low rent toilet being slung on a coach. I can’t think of anything more rewarding than crimping off a dirty great Richard just 3 inches away from a bus full of day tripping women called Margaret. That’s a measure of success, surely?! 

check for damp, elddis caravans do suffer, inside every locker check for any soft bits, the roof to body seams always go, not a big job, just remove rails, clean off sealant, spply w4 mastic on a roll, put rails back on with zinc coated screws and a bead of sika 512 round the edges.... she looks cracking though, shower and bog in the corner, 2 double beds and 1 single. big kitchen and a towbar to tow a small car on a braked trailer... or when the sprogs get older a 2 berth caravan to give them space

4 hours ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

Looks flippin ace! What’s it like to drive? 

It’s pretty good, longer than I’m used to but van mirrors are ace, doesn’t feel too big on the road. Only thing I’ve spotted is that it seems to run a bit cool (although the fans came on ok when I was stuck in heavy traffic). 

2 hours ago, Talbot said:

Not only is it a winnar, but it's an early enough model to have opening quarterlights.  I do wonder if the Talbot Express (J5, C25 Ducato etc.) was one of the last vehicles to have proper opening quarterlights.  They even go past 90 degrees so on a hot day you can scoop air from the outside and blatter it at you, rather than winding the window down and just getting deaf in one ear and buffeted to death,

Well bought indeed.  Buy and carry a spare RHD clutch cable and accelerator cable with you.  Apparently they are getting quite rare and original ones are old enough to snap without warning.

How sloppy is the gearchange?  On a scale from "like stirring a bucket of bricks" to "where the fuck have all my gears gone?"

Hadn’t even spotted the quarter lights!!! I literally just ran outside to check and it does!! Wow i love this van even more now!!

Gear change is like fishing in rock fillled custard... but no worse than my old one... 

And yes, genuinely good condition. That’s what sold it to us... to be honest it’s far cleaner than we expected. No leaks or marks... it’s barely been used the last few years, apparently they used to take it down to the sea front and eat Chinese in it, but gave only stopped in it once!! 

32 minutes ago, Wack said:

It does look nice, has it been beautified for sale or really well looked after , I'm guessing the latter or you wouldn't have bought it