Smoll shite acquired. The wife made me do it....

groovylee

This is an excellent thread, unbelievably clean looking car too, although I think the 80s Minis did at least have decent underseal on the floors. My C plate Mini Chelsea had a good floorpan, and largely superficial rust on the bodywork, whereas my R reg one from the 70s looked mint but had no floor to speak of (as I discovered after conking out in a flood). 

Unusually for me, I actually like it on those black (anthracite?) wheels, with the black roof.  Sort of gives the little car an "edge" that makes one think "hey up, this might be a bit tasty..."  Obviously the stickers help too.  I think you've scored here.

12 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

Unusually for me, I actually like it on those black (anthracite?) wheels, with the black roof.  Sort of gives the little car an "edge" that makes one think "hey up, this might be a bit tasty..."  Obviously the stickers help too.  I think you've scored here.

cheers Eddy.  Kerry wants it on silver minilites, rather than the anthracite...  im really unsure which way to go.  i think the wheels look a little too wide as they are, so will be going back to 5" wide either way.  the bl;ack roof will be staying ?

I understand her logic!  I'm no fan of a black wheel normally, but sometimes they just look right.  Not very often!  I'm sure it'll be a delight once it's in use, like my 998 Mayfair I had in 2002.  I had a 4.2 Daimler Sovereign at the same time, and a six mile commute down country lanes at 6am.  You can imagine.... Amazingly, there was nothing between my lap times whichever car I took.

Name?  Have you (has Kerry) decided yet if it's male or female?

• 1 month later...

Back from work for the weekend, so much busyness ensued today!

The handles are some sort of wood that isn’t burr walnut, and it’s kind of grey/black, so goes great with the door cards. I really can’t wait to get the interior back together. Some wiring to do first....

7B8D2EE0-FBD5-4EC8-AC43-2197865B33D6.jpeg

D26297B4-A89F-4FAF-9BEC-C2D38904E178.jpeg

08080BA5-C792-4A7F-9405-9C390F193771.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, spartacus said:

It's looking good.

It must be satisfying to have bought a good starting point that needs little or no 'fixing', so you can get straight on with the interesting stuff!

indeed. 

my main stipulation was - no bodywork!  there are mechanical things that need dealing with, but that doesn't worry me at all. the interior has been a welcome distraction from sorting out the ignition side of things (there were some interesting things going on there...)

• 2 months later...