Further addition(s) to the fleet - Strada Cabrio. & Senator

The Vicar

With my little City sold, I set about looking for a replacement that I could take with me to the UK. Offerings from the classifieds were disappointing, but by pure chance, and with my F5 button near worn down to the nub, this appeared online and within twenty minutes I was in the car and on my way to view. Of course, I wasn't going to not  buy a brown Strada convertible, so a deal was quickly agreed. 

50244370406_3801c8bdf3_c.jpg

50244580772_27892a85a5_c.jpg

50244370686_40b35d55db_c.jpg

It is, of course, ridiculously brilliant. Seemingly it has been very well looked after in the not too distant past. There is a brand new battery, coolant, oil etc in it, tyres are all Pirelli - though they need changing - and there is no rust. Will require a small weld to one of the boot hinges, but it seems to have just snapped clean off.

Anyway, while chatting to the seller, he kindly invited me to have a look around his yard, where I came across this:

50243737358_37a2437484_c.jpg

So I bought it. Its a 1984 Senator 3.0i CD, 1 owner from new.

More on that (and the Strada) in time...

Just now, dome said:

Yup, what he said. This is a most triumphant brace of purchases.

I mean, I didn't even realise any Fiat Ritmos / Stradas still existed at this point in time. Let alone in that sort of condition and in frigging BROWN.

Just, wow.

55 minutes ago, Largactil said:

Nice work - The Senator has an NCT till the 23rd of October this year? 

Where is this purveyor of shoite on the Emerald Isle? 

The seller is in rural north Dublin, not the kind of place one stumbles upon. Case in point, he is only five minutes up the road from parents and where I grew up - I have passed the place millions of times over the years and never had a clue. 

No NCT. It needs two sills, and two brand new NOS items are included with the car. 

Mother Spart had a Strada from new, I was only young but I don't recall it being a bad car, later on a mate of mine bought a 105tc, that was ace.

You couldn't make this up TBH, for no other reasons than it's a Strada, it's bronze, (which possibly trumps JRG as a colour), and it's a convertible, this has to win the week, well bought sir.

1 hour ago, nigel bickle said:

Looks very like my old Strada cabrio. Quirky, fun.

I still have the cabrio roof cover, if you want it.? Downside is it’s white ( came with the car, forgot to pass it on) 

There is a white roof cover in the boot actually - but many thanks for the offer The reg is A449 xxx (I think, will have to check.)

11 minutes ago, Bitzer said:

Yes! Congratulations, sir. Now you only need an empty diesel barrel under your rear axle for gigastylishness.

If my memory serves right, the design of this Ritmo´s interior textiles is very much identical to what I had in my beloved Tipo 1.4.

I had a 94 Tipo - and honestly, it reminds me of that particular affair very much! More than I thought it would. 

7 hours ago, The Vicar said:

The seller is in rural north Dublin, not the kind of place one stumbles upon. Case in point, he is only five minutes up the road from parents and where I grew up - I have passed the place millions of times over the years and never had a clue. 

No NCT. It needs two sills, and two brand new NOS items are included with the car. 

Ah - I'm near Balbriggan in North Co Dub and always keep an eye out, but the place seems bereft of chod!

I've had 4 Strada Cabrios in the past. I've still got some glass & other stuff knocking about including the always missing glovebox torches if you need some spares. The seats are the most comfortable of any car I've ever owned.

Tayne, was that Cabrio in Edinburgh?