BertiePuntoCabrio - fleet update - it's a "Sunny" day!

BertiePuntoCabrio

Aaaaaannnnnddddd HOME!

Rain held off, sun came out!

Very enjoyable drive back, especially once it had some pas fluid in it!

Drives well at 70ish and most things do still appear to work.

Never seen such impressive lacquer peel though!

Anyway, many thanks @wuvvum you are a star Sir.

If you forget where you've parked it, could you say you'd.... lost your Tempra? :D Sorry, that's awful, I'll see myself out.

Top shite by the way, I do have a strange fondness for 90s Fiats. I was sorely tempted by a Tipo that had been for sale for ages recently, but it disappeared *just* before I could register my interest.

Just now, Soundwave said:

If you forget where you've parked it, could you say you'd.... lost your Tempra? :D Sorry, that's awful, I'll see myself out.

Top shite by the way, I do have a strange fondness for 90s Fiats. I was sorely tempted by a Tipo that had been for sale for ages recently, but it disappeared *just* before I could register my interest.

That is awful - Well done!

Yes, I love Fiats of a certain age.

Interestingly, these are similar to the Lancia Dedra - we had one and it was really awful.....

Another point of note for this one - the digital dash is completely unreadable in the current super bright sunlight!

• 1 month later...

Washed the Tempra for the first time today - been putting it off for far too long but this is finally going to take me to work tomorrow, fingers crossed!

So far since purchase, I have hardly had time to do anything with it but got the replacement rack fitted which seems to have stopped the fluid lake underneath!

My few journeys so far have been fun though as it has good turbo "boost" and it's very comfy over the appalling roads around here. 

Plans to go to town on this and give it a respray came to a screeching halt when I spent sold Carina money on the Legacy Spec B and future plans may just include a For Sale ad as I may well be moving home and losing excess storage. :-( bummer.

Pics attached - showing one clean car and one filthy one which is next on the list to wash!

On the other hand, I have covered about 500 miles in Suby-Roo so far. Still amazed at the performance and enjoying the whole experience of owning a decent car! First refilling showed 32.5mpg which is quite impressive despite fairly frequent use if the GO pedal.

Other fleet news includes Panda-Blue still covering vast mileage daily with mininal maintenance. The bonnet lacquer keeps falling off and is down to about 60% now. Funny how the entire rest of the car has managed to keep the lacquer and is pretty good overall.

Finally Panda-Red sits in the garage all shiny but not been run for 5-6 weeks now.....

Wish me luck for 100 miles in Tempra tomorrow 🤞

20200928_161340.jpg

20200928_161352.jpg

20200928_161407.jpg

• BertiePuntoCabrio changed the title to BertiePuntoCabrio Tempra washed, 2 Fiats losing lacquer now!

Well Tempra has performed admirably and has safely, comfortably and digitally excitingly transported me a couple of hundred miles with no issues at all.

Torrential rain yesterday and NO leaks - excellent!

BUT - I will be moving home soon and losing all off road storage. Since the MOT is out in a couple of months I have put it up for a roffle - hopefully it will find a good home!

• 9 months later...

Well, it's been a long time since any update....  

Moved to the coast (yay!), lost my huge 11 car driveway and garage and have only on-street parking now (boo!).

Had to sell nearly all the cars but have kept Panda (almost 5 years ownership and 40000 miles!) 

Now running a 2017 Toyota Aygo X-Press on a daily 70 mile each way commute. 65-66mpg, all the modern connectivity etc and it's not a bad little chap at all.

Sadly Panda was subject to a hit and run last bank holiday when the village was under attack by a million Hooray Henry's in their far-too-big SUVs. See pic!

Now, happily my good friend back where I used to live still has a lot of storage space available so car fun is still a possibility and so yesterday.......

20210601_190315.jpg