Tangoed!

myglaren

Jesus, someone please find the owner of that SM and force him at gun point to change the plates to black and white ones. Those modern plates look terrible on a car like that.

It's a '72 car so wouldn't I expect it would have had reflective plates since new if it was UK registered. Looks better IMO, at least they're not the new narrow font ones.

• 11 months later...

Only a sort-of-spot.

Followed one of these from South Shields to Washington:

1948-Buick-pink-wb-le.jpg

In red and less chrome, sounded superb, no camera with me, was in the daughter's Rover, which she is selling, she has just bought a Clio to reduce her motoring expenses.

When we picked up the Clio they had a SAAB 900 Turbo cabriolet in, a bit scruffy but not too bad. It is almost exactly what she is wanting when her income picks up - a well restored white 900 cabriolet.

• 1 month later...

A couple of weeks ago we went to the hot-rod show that the Buick was headed for, some excellent stuff there that I will have to try and upload here.

Today this turned up in our works car park, actually belonged to an adjacent business with fewer car parking spaces than we have.

th_IMGP0893.jpg th_IMGP0894.jpg th_IMGP0895.jpg th_IMGP0896.jpg.

A long time since I have seen one of these. I'm sure a reporter I used to take photo's for drove one.

And I see that I have actually uploaded a trio of pictures from the meet.

th_AA133089.jpg th_AA133083.jpg th_AA133086.jpg

God knows where the rest of them are. Not on the camera as both cards were full and I wiped the lot :(

My daughter is fancying an American car now - but very much liked the Capri and a Vitesse that was there.

• 1 year later...

In Hunsden near Ware yesterday spotted this lurking behind a petrol/service station.

Not often I get to spot anything.  Did see a Morris 1100 puttering down the A1 a couple of months ago but can't get the photo's off may phone - lost the SD card and the computers don't recognise the phone.

0LDvKLDl.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Spotted one of these pootling up the A1 this afternoon.

Looked to be well cared for and in use, not as shiny as the one in the clip - again, no camera and would have had time to take it if I had had as daughter was driving.

I had no idea that they existed :(

• 1 month later...

Son has bought a house on another part of the estate, need to walk a bit so had a wander up there and passed these on the way.

post-3904-0-63320700-1547044722_thumb.jpg

post-3904-0-85287300-1547044751_thumb.jpg

post-3904-0-39780800-1547044785_thumb.jpg

Although there is about a quarter mile between the first pair and the last one, the same bloke owns them all, according to his neighbour, who wondered why I was taking photo's.