New lentil muncher at Clarke towers

Rocket88

58 minutes ago, Nibblet said:

Worth changing the 'engine' to a Soviet 2 stroke so it can keep up with modern traffic?

I often thought of going Wartburg power if my Insight's engine died.  Correct size and cylinder count after all.

It didn't die of course.  

17 minutes ago, colc said:

It would appear that mine qualifies for free road tax.....!!!!!

Bollox. The greatest injustice in the history of mankind is that mine (Asimos old one) doesn't qualify for free tax. 

Look at them. They're futuristic and run on electric. They ALL deserve free tax class. 

I understand EXACTLY how the peasants felt in France round 1847. 

Such an injustice. 

Collected yesterday that that there Bradford..........bought from son of the guy who'd owned and looked after it for ages..and looked after it scrupulously. Done very little mileage recently..went to tax it online free road tax because registered after March 2001 !

Journey home was uneventful and parsimonious, even at 80 it does 50 mpg, far more if you drive it like a nun. This one's manual, with very, very high greeting, but acceleration is reasonably brisk.

3 of the tyres were cracked, one, it transpired, dangerously so. Replaced with Pirellis, £149 for 3, fitted. Apart from that, nothing to do, except possibly give it a service.

DB7338A4-0918-448E-9999-E538C96E1632.jpeg

490B492B-35AC-4553-BD32-4F708543ADA3.jpeg

D8163308-994F-430A-A0C4-17A3D08630B5.jpeg

C29585CB-3759-4008-81FF-4C8BFD70620E.jpeg

15 minutes ago, spartacus said:

Is it hybrid all the time, or can it be driven on electric only, if so, how far, how fast?

Back in the '80's all cars were going to look like this in the year 2000, wtf went wrong?

I'm envious.

Hybrid all the time.............electric bit is more of a power booster..................as I understand it......think, with modern wizardry, you cam put more efficient batteries in it........but I'm no expert. Jim Bell would know far more than me.

13 hours ago, spartacus said:

Is it hybrid all the time, or can it be driven on electric only, if so, how far, how fast?

Back in the '80's all cars were going to look like this in the year 2000, wtf went wrong?

I'm envious.

Yeah it’s hybrid all the time. The motor is part of the flywheel, so it can’t drive on electric only. Put your foot down and it does the bulk of the accelerating with the motor, then charges back up when you brake or coast down. 

It works really well. Mine is an auto and I get about 60mpg commuting in London burb traffic and mid 70s or higher on a run. Manual is much better for the empeegees but the auto is the faster car. Hypermiling mine, I’ve done 114mpg on a 50 mile journey, but the manual will clear 120mpg on a run with a bit of practice. 

It’s wonderful that Honda productionised it. Clearly a showcase and no eye on profitability. 2 seats and 15 years ahead of the game.

In 2005 I almost bought one new for my birthday but plumped for a new ep3 civic type r which was similar money; used s2000s were about but thin on the ground at Honda dealers; that was my preferred option. The folly of youth etc.