If only you’d worked harder at school...

sierraman

4 minutes ago, camryv6 said:

Have you thought about a beard ?

I've sported a beard* for a few years. When I had hair the facial hair of choice was some marvellously large and luxurious sideburns. I was keeping the 70's Rock star look alive in the 2000s.

*bushy mess

5 minutes ago, iainrcz said:

I've sported a beard* for a few years. When I had hair the facial hair of choice was some marvellously large and luxurious sideburns. I was keeping the 70's Rock star look alive in the 2000s.

*bushy mess

So a beard and holed jeans, I rest my case M'Lud

3 hours ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Regarding the a to b programme, I do wonder how much of what was said, such as the rep moaning like fuck about his Maestro, was put on for the cameras 

It's the telly, EVERYTHING is put on for the cameras.

We wouldn't be talking about it if he'd said, 'the cavalier was a bit better'.

44 minutes ago, barefoot said:

It's the telly, EVERYTHING is put on for the cameras.

We wouldn't be talking about it if he'd said, 'the cavalier was a bit better'.

That's true, we had a programme made about us a few years ago called on the Yorkshire Buses and a lot was staged or blown out of proportion. One thing which did annoy people a bit was the finished programme was all about Hull and Scarborough seafront, the outer depots barely had a mention, apart from someone being sent to cover a run and getting lost ?. He is now retired but still gers the piss taken out of him over it ?

12 hours ago, Stroller133 said:

I suspect those 300,000 people have 60% of the wealth! 

Looks more like the top 15% own 60%. 

"In April 2016 to March 2018, the top three wealth deciles held 76% of all wealth in Great Britain, while the bottom three wealth deciles held 2%. The top 10% wealth share was 45% in April 2016 to March 2018, largely unchanged since July 2006 to June 2008.5 Dec 2019"

Total Wealth in Great Britain - ONS

Obvioulsy this is partly down to older people having more years of earning under their belt.

I was doing my self assessment yesterday.  

Whilst in my on line tax account, I noticed I could check my old age pension estimate. 

Seems both me and my wife have already  paid enough national insurance to qualify for a full pension in about 15 years time.  

Which is over £9k each. 

Add that to the various private pensions we have, which are not great, but should add a similar amount, I no longer fear getting old. 

May not be on an index linked final salary scheme, from the civil service, but will not starve.  I no longer give a shit about whether I'm in the top or bottom 10%.   

A neighbour of mine has two hybrid SUV jobs.

During lockdown, I had to jump start my mk4.5 Mondeo TXS estate, and I met with the “car trouble?” question. Which I answered back with a not really, but it hasn’t moved for a couple of months.

They are nice people, but they clearly look down on my 8 year old Ford, 28 year old MR2 Turbo and 16 year old Rexton. 
But hey, they are all mine and it is always amusing when you encounter people like that and the subject of spec comes up.

The new cars are bought for higher spec and power, apparently. The last time I had that conversation, said new car didn’t have radar cruise control and cooled seats like my Mondeo and the 28 year old Toyota one could easily tear it a new arsehole, whilst I can throw all manner of rubble etc, transport MTBs, dogs etc etc in the Ssangying and not get fined by the bank, when I hand it back with a few scratches on the boot plastics.

This makes me laugh. I’m of the opinion of each to their own and I hate finance, but you don’t need to put down other people’s choices, whatever they may be.

On 8/9/2020 at 7:49 AM, vaughant said:

those lovely polished amg wheels appear magnetised to curbs already

Kerbing the wheels is on you, no-one else. :-)

Two of my three cars have perfect wheels. The only reason the other doesn’t is because I don’t give a fuck about it.

I’ll never understand seeing almost every car going, with gutter rashed wheels.

• 1 month later...