320Touring - Back in the game with a Berlingo..ROBIN BASTARDS 02/04/22

320touring

The 23rd of October. That was the last time I bought a car for myself.

And some would say "why would you buy more cars? You have an elephants sufficiency already".

They would be right.

9 long months I studiously avoided vehicular transactions, Concentration was focused on the current fleet, and progress made.

Then, @Lacquer Peel casually mentioned a desire to get rid of his Berlingo, and that was me off the wagon again.

Why?

1. Who doesn't Ike a new car?

2. Have you met me before?

3. It's MOT'D til March 21

4. It had a new rear axle in March this year

5. 4 new tyres

6. I need an estate/van for lugging some shit about

Anyway, enough natter. 

2005 2.0HDI. 207K

It's the Desire* spec 

Meaning:

Remote central locking which works
Abs
Turbo
Electric front windays
Opening rear side Windows
Rear wash wipe
It's also the #multispace so has hunnerts of cubbyholes

Fuck knows what I'mma do with it..IMG_20200804_190136.thumb.jpg.b8a6c74a2f0ad184839c644147edeb76.jpgIMG_20200804_190153.thumb.jpg.16ae84b2a200d8c2d2381878c799c242.jpgIMG_20200804_190200.thumb.jpg.1cc327683f289ccf2be197b2ae70e80a.jpgIMG_20200804_190254.thumb.jpg.445cc1fc919f2d1c99a27f620cf1d962.jpgIMG_20200804_190301.thumb.jpg.e15595685ee0706fb54054ce9eaf43a5.jpg

Can an hdi be run on veg? Definately a winner wagon though. Everyone should have a berlingo on the drive! Its a car for everyday, but a van when you need it. And possibly a makeshift camper van with the rear seats removed for a cheap weekend away....or when the missus kicks ye out ?

3 minutes ago, chancer said:

Can an hdi be run on veg? Definately a winner wagon though. Everyone should have a berlingo on the drive! Its a car for everyday, but a van when you need it. And possibly a makeshift camper van with the rear seats removed for a cheap weekend away....or when the missus kicks ye out ?

Everything can run on veg - just for how long!

We will see!

7 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

Ah, it feels like LP just bought this the other day!

This should be fun. Does it have a Bosch ECU, Mister?

No idea re Bosch ECU.. if it does, that too shall likely come to pass.

4 minutes ago, Liggle said:

How are you finding the comically slow steering? I bought a wheelchair adapted one for a relative with the 1.4 and its OK to drive but feels very van like rather than car like. 

It's not so much the speed of the steering - more the steering wheel position - it's almost horizontal, so feels like driving a bus.

noooooo drove a n/a one years ago as a support worker job, felt like i was towing a caravan such was the acceleration, handled like a trawler in a force 8 gale.. later drove turbos, they were fine in a straight line but understeer was comical. i know they are good crap shifters and dossable but its a shitroen, its french... i dont like them

dunno if it copes with Veg yet. I'll get it all serviced and then see about starting to introduce it.

My ML 270CDI was happy on up to 70% veg - impressive for a common rail lump.

I'll likely start it off at 5L veg in a full tank (so 55l derv, 5L veg) and then increase the veg with every tankful.

15 hours ago, 320touring said:

Sitting downstairs, and a thought flashed across my brain...

IMG_20200804_221002.thumb.jpg.ce10f47697e2abc3b54e3e23c8c22058.jpg

Yep I did have 2 fuel filters sitting in the job lot of shite I had bought ages ago. 

I forsee Veg in its future:)

Fram? Just a mere suggestion of filtration then?

I mind watching, I think, a DeBoss Garage video comparing cheap filters with decent ones and the metal spin on Fram filter still had swarf in the screw thread from manufacture,

53 minutes ago, Braddon81 said:

Too late for Bosch - all Siemens from late 2002 onwards. 

Thanks! I assume a retrofit would need injectors too?

1 hour ago, davehedgehog31 said:

If the oil leak is from the Turbo oil return just loop it into the fuel filter and operate a total loss oiling/fuelling system. 

Genius idea!

57 minutes ago, Braddon81 said:

Too late for Bosch - all Siemens from late 2002 onwards. 

Wouldnt say so. When i was scouring the breakers for a diesel pump for mine (siemens) most of the ones i came across were bosch. Siemens seemed to be few and far between. In fact we had a 2005 berlingo desire with bosch injection set up many years ago

Nice purchase, but I wouldn't recommend running it on veg. A friend of mine run's various cars on veg without bother. So tried it on his 02 406 HDI, with a 50/50 mix and after a few months he had problems. ☹️

It cost about £750 in the end to put right! I forget what failed, guessing the pump. I know it took alot of faffing though to get it sorted.