Mrs Sparts MG diary.

spartacus

Doesn't look to have a servo. Mine is a '74 and came with a factory fit servo standard. I believe optional before. I guess this is a '73 model/trim.

Servo can be fitted and might make the brakes feel a bit more modern/reassuring, as much less effort needed to slow it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Still going strong @Mally 👌🏽👍🏽

Thoresby Park Classic Car & Motorcycle Show today... Entered it in to the "70s" car section 👍🏽😊👍🏽 @spartacus would've loved it🥲... I'm hoping @spartacus old BMW will be road worthy soon, as I'll be taking that to the shows too 👍🏽😊👍🏽

20210830_120227.jpg

20210830_145247.jpg

24 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

I was wondering how the BMW was coming along. Hopefully that means the car wasn't too far gone.  Glad the MG is going well

It's going to cost a fair bit but I'm quite adamant it's going to be back on the road...

Pair of sills, rear panel, welding, front and rear shockers, rear lower wing halves,  brake callipers, springs... Some parts are coming from Germany and some @spartacus friend is supplying...  I'm hoping it'll be done this year 🤞🏽🤞🏽

11 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Label is a trophy. Did you enjoy the day?

Yup label is an Arena Exhibitor Show plaque... I'm planning to get this photo properly printed and display it with the photo 👍🏽😊 (photo is from the MGB GT 1st show meet I went to). Hoping for many more to come at future shows 🤞🏽👍🏽

Yup did enjoy the day. Nice to get the car out... I feel the best way to remember/honour @spartacusis to get the vehicles out and display them for all to see 👍🏽 (I don't think he would've wanted the vehicles hidden away). Was nice to see all the other vehicles (lol, if @spartacuswas here it would've been window shopping for him! 🤣👍🏽

Screenshot_20210831-102247_Gallery.jpg

On 7/31/2020 at 10:28 PM, spartacus said:

story begins 21 years ago,

Perhaps rather than Tim,  ol' m'g tyme  might now be appropriate ? 

Great to have the car back in the family, but you know it'll never be the same ..hopefully it will be even better ;)

Pete

• 1 year later...

AutoShiters,

I'm just beaming. You folks are such an amazing (special? 🤔) bunch of folks. 😁

Got in from work and making sure the MGB GT is ready for the MG Centenary celebrations tomorrow. It's had a service and quick once over (yesterday) with a local mechanic, thumbs up and it's good to go 👍🏽👍🏽

Never, ever did I think my little MGB GT would be taking part in such an event.  🥲

It's been an uphill struggle...

Initial ownership of car (25 years ago!), finding my very first car again, bringing it home, going through @spartacusillness and death & then trying to get the MGB GT back on the road... 

& it is only back on the road again because of Autoshite. 

Thank you... I cannot thank you folks enough 🥲

So the MGB GT will wear its AutoShite badge with pride as we join in on the MG Centenary Rally tomorrow, which will finish at the British Motor Museum.  Here, it has a reserved priority parking. 

I won't lie, it's a bitter sweet ending as I know @spartacuswould've loved to have been part of this event. 

Anyway, I'll keep this thread going and again THANK YOU !!! 

@Mally

@ruffgeezer

Screenshot_20230526-215555_Facebook.jpg

20230526_214710.jpg

20230526_214656.jpg

20230526_214727.jpg

20230526_214630.jpg

Edited by Mrs Spart
Spelling error. Sorry.

8 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

This story continues to warm the heart, despite the sadness along the way. Brilliant to see the GT ready to be proudly shown and back where it belongs. Slight tangent, but did you ever get anywhere with Spartacus' old BMW? I remember it was going to need a lot of work. 

The BMW is still here... At the mechanics...

I had a "polite" word with the mechanic and kindly asked (perhaps more of an encouraging prod!) if he could perhaps get it done within the next few months. 

He says it should be road ready/MOT in a few weeks time... I've said to him (this was approx 3 weeks ago) that I'd chase him up in 3 months time... So it should 🤞🏽🤞🏽 be home this year... I hope 😬

Don't worry I've not given up on it ☺