The Fabergé Greggs fleet: Saab misbehaves

Finger rubbing! That's a new one to me, I'll have to give that a shot. 

Normally I stick duct tape over the hole and use a sharp knife around the indentation. You can then stick that bit onto clean steel and cut round it.

Good luck with gluing metal on. You'll get addicted.

• 2 weeks later...

With the Beluga roffled I had vital project funds to buy welding gas, mask, wire etc to make some project progress. Whilst umming- and ahhing on the finer points of wire thicknesses and gas mixes something far more exciting than sundries swept in and grabbed my attention, so naturally I did it a buy. 

Its: 

• Modern yet ancient 
  • An evolutionary dead end 
  • Has an MOT measured in hours 
  • Has been crashed 
  • Has a bit of a squidgy vibe 
  • Was bought unseen, natch. 

I've actually tried a new one of these which completely failed to ignite my excitement, so god knows why an old cheap one would. Anyway, due to the Covids I'm deeply ashamed to say that I won't be collecting but it will be delivered. At lunch time, no less. 

• Fabergé Greggs changed the title to The Fabergé Greggs fleet: Ooops I did a buy
1 minute ago, hairnet said:

iraqi supergun is going in the bin yes?

balloon tyres on ice argh :D

It's cold enough here for the roads to be a little bit "twinkly", but I was surprised that traction was low enough to have a couple of snaky moments upon leaving junctions. Drift yo! 

Driving home from the shops last night, the Saab started to hesitate under load. 

Upon arriving home, there was steam coming from under the bonnet.. hmm. 

I cut the engine and discovered that coolant had been spraying everywhere- I’m 90% sure it’s coming from the heater pipe. It took about a litre to get it back up to max. 

I hope that the reason it was hesitating (and now won’t start) is that it doesn’t like the wet, and it was soaking everywhere! I thought that the new rotor and arm had sorted that, but we shall see. Battery currently on charge. Fingers crossed for nothing serious. 

7C158B14-4EFD-4EFF-9DDB-20313905EDE6.jpeg

• Fabergé Greggs changed the title to The Fabergé Greggs fleet: Saab misbehaves