Brownnova’s 9th - a collection thread.

brownnova

As per the title really... 

Today's the day for colectioneering the roffle Clio WarmHatchEdition. This will be car number 9 in the fleet, things are getting a little out of hand methinks... 

The baby has been fed, the adults have eaten too. This will be baby Edith’s first collection mission. I hope she can last the distance! 

Baby Poo count: 0

Dad poo count: 1 

Departure to follow shortly.

Steed of choice: C5 for motorway comfort, and the fact that I’d need to move two cars to get at the 9000. 

So... me and Clio’s.... 

I learnt to drive in a Clio (albeit a mk2 one) and to be honest... I really hated it. I always told myself I’d never own a Clio... but... 

This car is:

My first roffle win   
My first Renault.  
My first silver car. 
(ETA) My first car from another shiter... 

It will also be the fastest car on the fleet to 60mph... 

Plans for this one are unsure... it doesn’t really fit anything we need in the fleet, but it’s different to anything we have. 

The C5 seems awfully big when we have the 9000 as a usable family motor, so it may be that the Clio becomes Mrs_b’s weapon of choice and the C5 moves on. The plan is to see how we get on with it for a couple of weeks and see how we go. 

So... all home safe and sound, no drama collectionarama! 

Poo count unchanged, baby kick offs 2, but no poo resultant. 

Basically  this is a brand new car so there was no need to pack tools or gaffer tape! But just to enjoy a blezz home up the M56. 

Pez shot: 

8FE23CF9-EBC6-4A62-A03B-A68E1619AE03.jpeg26D47A1B-E941-480F-8695-16E1370D346A.jpeg

I expected not to like this as it’s new, silver and Clio-y but... I’ll admit to finding it quite a fun steer. It drives superbly well (aside from the smell which indicates it needs a new cat). It’s nippy and holds speed well in the motorway... 

But it’s the condition I can’t get over... it’s nigh on immaculate!! 
5F374FF6-2FF4-40AA-A069-C199BE7AB800.jpegF7B808C6-6E03-4EFB-BD25-11BE9288C75E.jpeg69854F7E-2618-468C-9E4F-B7DF3887935C.jpeg23B65765-3D6F-4C70-937C-298E4B83A0EE.jpeg9F63C60C-C508-4ED4-813F-0B6809191077.jpeg

Probably the best £12 I’ve ever spent... 

D775917A-4A9D-4360-A0CB-0F3B3BC8AC44.jpeg

Settling in amongst the fleet. 

Plan of action is to source a new cat, clear the codes using a code reader and see if Mrs_b likes it (which I think she will) 

Many thanks to the lovely gent which is @Conrad D. Conelrad! It was good to see you again! 

Nice to see you, plus Ms. Nova and MiniNova too! 

I'm a bit sorry to see it go, because it was huge fun to drive and I think that is the 'correct' amount of power for a road car. The condition is what sold it to me back in January - aside from a little wear on the seat and steering wheel, the interior especially looks new. I've never had a car that looks so smart when cleaned up.

If the search for a cat doesn't come to anything, I'm sure you could flog a bunch of interior bits to someone with a low spec Clio, weigh in the rest and come out with a few months of free motoring!

Great looking car that and with it not being a Renault sport model, much better value!

I was quite jealous at not winning that raffle.Mainly because I still need to source my mum a new car! Lol

5 hours ago, paulplom said:

Why didn't they just make the wheel well a little bit bigger and just fit the spare inside like normal people? 

Because French?

Goodness only knows. You still have to take everything out of the boot to use this, there's still a massive wheel well in the boot, plus Renault have to make a bunch more parts for this. There is no conceivable benefit to anyone.