Anyone want one of these picking up?

Wingz123

Look suspiciously like the ones for draining diesel, which are (or were) twice the price in MachineMart. Hmm, time to buy a spare I think...

Yeah they seem to be £25 at least, in other shops.

I had a quick look for reviews, and seems they work ok, Lidl had an even cheaper one at one point.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/113364/lidl-oil-suction

I'd definitely be interested, it's not just about getting under the car, it's also about fragile stuck sump plugs. Better to leave them alone if you can, sometimes.

I would bring them back to the UK with me then post to the areas I dont get to. 

Need to work out what it would be if I paid using my Santander debit card then grab the monies off you by PayPal if possible....

Then I can post for you once back...??

I asked the girl on the phone a while ago what costs if any would be incurred. She said it was free to use my card in Spain being Santander and Spanish heritage etc but when I asked what exchange rate they use she couldn't answer.....!?

CORRECTION just checked and I am charged 2.95% to pay using debit card so add 45 cents on top of the purchase price. 

Price would be 15.50 euros plus postage which will be done in UK on my return ?

If you'd like one please drop me the monies over to kerylkerriee (then the at sign) Gmail.com as family and friends so there are no PayPal fees ??

State your username too pls. I'll grab postage off you when I'm back in the UK. It won't be much, I will shop about for the best price etc etc...

Only asking for monies up front because I've only changed up a certain amount into cash euros and need that for tolls etc going back 

8 hours ago, Wingz123 said:

CORRECTION just checked and I am charged 2.95% to pay using debit card so add 45 cents on top of the purchase price. 

Price would be 15.50 euros plus postage which will be done in UK on my return ?

If you'd like one please drop me the monies over to kerylkerriee (then the at sign) Gmail.com as family and friends so there are no PayPal fees ??

State your username too pls. I'll grab postage off you when I'm back in the UK. It won't be much, I will shop about for the best price etc etc...

Only asking for monies up front because I've only changed up a certain amount into cash euros and need that for tolls etc going back 

I've sent £20. Hopefully it'll cover the postage as well. 

If not just holler.

7 hours ago, robinmasters said:

I've got one of these from when they had them over here. The smol tube fits down the dip stick hole ok, and you can stick the other end straight into am old pop bottle rather than having to decant it out after like with a pela. 

Verdict: very ok

Yup, one in my garage and it’s great. I have also used it to empty a petrol tank against the instructions and it worked fine.

14 hours ago, Wingz123 said:

I asked the girl on the phone a while ago what costs if any would be incurred. She said it was free to use my card in Spain being Santander and Spanish heritage etc but when I asked what exchange rate they use she couldn't answer.....!?

Last time I was in Spain it was free (ie you just got charged the visa exchange rate) to take cash out of Santander cash machines but you got charged a percentage on top for using other cash machines or using your card in shops etc. Nowadays I have a Starling account and just bank transfer money across as I go - no fees at all then. 

1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

Do you think these will work pumping water? If so I'll have one if I'm not too late....

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Yes they do, I ran some oil through after just in case the water caused internal problems but I emptied about 20 litres of water in a few minutes with one, it was fairly grotty water but pumped out ok.