Searching For My 1974 NSU Ro80 In Cyprus

Ro80

Hi.  I am currently on a quest to locate my 1974 NSU Ro80.  I owned the car here in the UK until 2007 at which time I sold it to a buyer who took it to Cyprus.  In 2014 a friend stumbled upon the Ro in a Cyprus driveway & at this point in time the car was in pretty good condition.  However, after some recent extensive web detective work things appear to have taken a turn for the worse & possibly as late as May 2020 the car has been photographed at a small holding in a very poor state.  I now know that the location of said property is on the E303 road near the junction to Dasaki Stadium.  What's more, the search led me to a 2013 post/thread here on Autoshite containing photos of the collection of abandoned vehicles at the property in question but can I find this thread now...no!  The Ro was not in these photos which confirms it arrived at the location more recently.  If anyone knows of the post please let me know.  In addition please see the images below.  They show 'my' Ro in the 'graveyard' probably this year along with a Google Earth shot of the location.  As I said, I know where the property is but as yet I have no clues to who lives/works/owns there & the very latest circumstances of the car itself of course.  Believe it or not, I had the Ro fully restored in the early 2000's & now look at her.  Any assistance will be much appreciated.  The point of this whole exercise is the intention to possibly bring her back home to the UK...time may be running out!   Many thanks.

82614256_195557395148929_4426236176181278774_n.jpg

84545319_767816570295759_3273292260020231134_n.jpg

Capture.JPG

Good luck with that. Its present owner may not want to be found, or could even be deceased.

A fair few Ro80s have been exported out to Australia (including a very rare post-1975 car) over the years; none of those have ever come back to Britain as far as I know.

1 hour ago, Jon said:

@eddyramrod lived in Cyprus a few years ago, so may well have been the one to post the photos of that yard prior to the RO80 arriving. I'm sure he'd have something to add to this thread, at least.

Good luck with repatriation, if you can!

And good luck from me too.

I returned to Yuk in 2012, so before your car arrived at the yard.  It's not a yard I recognise.  The road number suggests to me that it'll be east of Larnaka; I was way west, over in Paphos.  Although the island isn't all that big, it would be like me taking a daytrip now from Barrow to Whitby.  I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help!  Sorry.

The station wagon looks to me like an Australian Ford, mid-70s.

7 minutes ago, Out Run said:

Yeah, they can be very cool. I want a Sandman. ?

I know someone who owned the black HQ from PH SOTW and other notoriety. But he’s an idiot. https://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/98884/re-holden-kingswood-mad-hilda

This is why livin in the UK is depressing. The Aussies get all the best stuff. Much like right hand drive F250s with the powerstroke Diesel engine. In right hand drive too. Lucky barstewards.

Possibly unfashionable, but have you tried sending them a letter expressing an interest and provide a phone number and email adress? You have, or can work out their postal address if you know the physical location?

2 hours ago, Stanky said:

Possibly unfashionable, but have you tried sending them a letter expressing an interest and provide a phone number and email adress? You have, or can work out their postal address if you know the physical location?

Not much help if the owner is never there.

9 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

And good luck from me too.

I returned to Yuk in 2012, so before your car arrived at the yard.  It's not a yard I recognise.  The road number suggests to me that it'll be east of Larnaka; I was way west, over in Paphos.  Although the island isn't all that big, it would be like me taking a daytrip now from Barrow to Whitby.  I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help!  Sorry.

The station wagon looks to me like an Australian Ford, mid-70s.

Could you not get in touch with one of your old mates over there, like the guy with the Fiat(?) rally cars or whatever it was. Seems like a good karmic old-car thing to do for the sake of firing off an email, maybe he'll be taking a trip over that way soon or knows somebody in the neck of the woods?

Jules, I have recently replied to your Facebook message. Unfortunately I didn’t see it at first as it went into the spam folder. I don’t know who owns the Ro now. There are a couple of people in Cyprus in the Ro80 International Facebook group. I can ask in there if anyone knows or you could join the group too and ask. There’s another UK Ro there which came from Weybridge with under 10,000 miles on the clock. It’s now completely trashed. It would appear to me that this guy buys these cars, runs them for a while then puts them out to pasture. Definitely needs rescuing.