Acoma Mini Comtesse!!!!!!! Gullwing door

djb222

36 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

Would you be able to use one on the road over here?

Edited to add, obviously I mean legally, registered/insured etc. I doubt it would outrun the police like the non road registered scrambler bikes do around here. 

if you can get it road registered you can, main issue with that is just getting a proof of age ie when the vehicle was made that the DVLA will accept

(a lot of these where not really registered in france IIRC, because I dont think you had to register them over there, so theres no whatever the french equivalent of a V5 is to help you register it here)

Stuart Cyphus actually had the first UK road registered mini comtesse I believe :) 

once you have the above sorted out (ie either find one that has been registried in france or somehow date it to the DVLA's standards) then its just like registering any other used imported car AFAIK

14 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Didn't he used to race bangers at Standlake?

he never mention specifically where he used to banger race but indeed he was involved with the scene in the past so possibly? but I never really asked that many questions with regards to that

11 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

if you can get it road registered you can, main issue with that is just getting a proof of age ie when the vehicle was made ...

Pity that the Ateliers de Construction de Matériel disappeared into thin air in the 1980s. Seems they managed to build these things over a 12-year period. 

Stondon had one of these things, it was displayed next to their invalid carriages and made them look large and unwieldy. It wasn't in the closing down auction so I have no idea what happened to it. Allegedly the original design only had one door, until a French giffer inevitably managed to tip one over onto the door side and couldn't escape so the gullwing was hurriedly added.

16941716546_2f91cc68e7_c.jpg

1974-84 Acoma Mini Comtesse by Adam Floyd, on Flickr