Chodmolestedly - 20th September Chumley Castle... bad news folks.... ?

brownnova

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like I might be in post-France quarantine, despite going to an area with lower infection rates than most of the UK.

I'd consider coming anyway, but if one person decided I was an arse and reported me breaking the quarantine it puts quite a risk on us of fines etc.

Just now, Ghosty said:

Just had a look at Classic Shows' website and it looks like they're going to be having mandatory face masks at their shows. 

Outside?

Not what they says on their fb posts about the show this weekend at Capesthorne Hall... 

They’ve severely limited the number of cars for that show though (it’s full for Sunday already despite only announcing it was actually going ahead recently) so I wonder if they’ll do that for Chumley... and that Makes me wonder if we’ll get enough tickets I don’t want to book/pay for tickets if it doesn’t go ahead. 

Just now, brownnova said:

Not what they says on their fb posts about the show this weekend at Capesthorne Hall... 

They’ve severely limited the number of cars for that show though (it’s full for Sunday already despite only announcing it was actually going ahead recently) so I wonder if they’ll do that for Chumley... and that Makes me wonder if we’ll get enough tickets I don’t want to book/pay for tickets if it doesn’t go ahead. 

http://www.classicshows.org/covid-19/
image.thumb.png.d625e05be11c95094c8b406f0d404276.png
You have to provide track and trace details ahead of time too. Sounds like a mess.

On 8/25/2020 at 7:25 PM, Ghosty said:

You have to provide track and trace details ahead of time too.

Track and trace has been shown to break GDPR law, so you are perfectly entitled to politely decline.  I was surprised too, but if you google it, there are plenty of news stories from reputable news outlets that confirm this to be true.

I've yet to fill in a single track'n'trace form anywhere, despite being asked many times.  Showing the person asking a headline on BBC news that it's been shown to be illegal generally shuts them down in an instant.

On 8/25/2020 at 8:48 PM, Wack said:

could be worse

314389228_Screenshot_20200825-204720_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.63ecd964fdda3c378e49891fe11572d6.jpg

I think that looks brilliant.  I absolutely hate big crowds of people, especially the pushy-shovy type that's likely to be prevalent at a music festival.  That level of social separation seems ideal for keeping tossers at more than arm's length!

I just don't do big gigs any more, outdoor or arena , the experience at the front is so different from the experience at the back if I'm not at the front I'm not going.

Saw U2 at man city's ground in 2010 from the back of the stands, couldn't see or hear much , it was shit

2 weeks later somebody cancelled so I got a free ticket to twickenham, same gig , got put in the segregated area at the front 30ft from the stage , it was electric, I don't dance unless I'm really pissed but this was so electric I couldn't stand still, I was jumping up and down like a teenage punk on speed

Sitting in a cage 200m from the stage watching on a screen , no thanks

Chumley regulars will recognise this Chumley legend... 

C70D5ECD-A074-4957-B07B-517D981BA84C.jpeg

Yes it’s Les the commentator, who is having a whale of a time watching a motorbike ride round.

So today was Classic Shows (Chumley organisers) first show of 2020 at Capesthorne Hall. To be honest it was great. Super to be back at a show. Our good friend said that they are “hoping to be at Cholmondeley Castle on the 20th” and that “we’re just waiting for confirmation, which we hope to have this week” furthermore he added “If we can’t host at Cholmondeley we plan to move the show to Weston Park”

So what was the show experience like? 
Masks: one sign on the gate, around 5% of visitors actually wearing them. 
Social Distancing: people generally respected one another’s space, people parked together or in clubs together seemed to be sat with each other. The only place social distancing was difficult was by the food vans... I’ll take a flask next time. 
Sanitiser: at each gate point. 
Les: on top form. Asked for some burley women to push a car at one point... and asked another lady if her partner does all the work on her car. Had a mask on... around his chin.

We had fun anyway.... (Picture for illustration of what the show looked like) 

DA2AF2C5-551A-44DA-BC99-A10F906C9064.jpeg

I’ll put pictures of cars on the news 24 thread...