Chodmolestedly - 20th September Chumley Castle... bad news folks.... ?

brownnova

I can't guarantee I can come as yet, so if you need to know more I'll say no, otherwise I need to sit down with the boss set off I can fit it in now the kids are back to school and their clubs are starting as well as trying to visit family etc etc. I've started rehearsals again. This month is a bit of a shock to the system!

On 9/2/2020 at 5:15 PM, reanimation-films said:

Hiya,

I was alerted to this for a reunion. Could be up for this seeing as my old shite seems to work for once in 14 years! This very show curseed my old Mondeo SI in 2013 so no guarantees! Has it really been that long?

Pity Chumley has been cancelled as it would have been a good reunion! Am I right in thinking you are the same reanimation that also used to be on Retro Rides? If so I was Jammzr on there and you may or may not remember hanging out at Santa Pod once at what I guess must have been the Retro Cars show.

48 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Shitesteddfod 100% happening. 11th October IIRC. 

My plans to visit Spain are 100% screwed too, so Shitesteddfod is sounding all the more appealing. Though it should be noted that Wales, like England I think, limits group sizes to 30 people for outdoor events. I don't think the original plan would get anywhere near troubling that, but if folk jump on it as a Cholmondleleleley alternative, it may cause issues.

On 8/30/2020 at 4:55 PM, brownnova said:

Chumley regulars will recognise this Chumley legend... 

C70D5ECD-A074-4957-B07B-517D981BA84C.jpeg

What the heck, theres a  light colored Mark VIII in the background and its not mine! I need infos!

I would have loved to join this year but even if the show goes ahead, I'd be on my way back from Europe and would most likely need to go into mandatory quarantine. I might be able to avoid it taking the Eurotunnel but who knows. I'll definitely keep an eye on the thread.

6 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

What the heck, theres a  light colored Mark VIII in the background and its not mine! I need infos!

I would have loved to join this year but even if the show goes ahead, I'd be on my way back from Europe and would most likely need to go into mandatory quarantine. I might be able to avoid it taking the Eurotunnel but who knows. I'll definitely keep an eye on the thread.

A pal is in Germany at the moment. Seems if you travel from Germany without stopping in France or NL, it's ok. No fuel, no pee stops.

16 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

A pal is in Germany at the moment. Seems if you travel from Germany without stopping in France or NL, it's ok. No fuel, no pee stops.

Yeah, thats the case right now, enter a ferry and you will mix with people though, resulting in quarantine. Thats apparently not the case in the Eurotunnel so should you travel by car, thats the only way of entering the UK while avoiding getting stuck at home for two weeks. 

Now Im really curious if they want proof that you didnt exit the car in France/the Netherlands. Theres absolute no way they could tell.

19 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

You can even stop and get out if you need to, provided you don't mix with other people. 

Screenshot_20200903-223628_Chrome.thumb.jpg.08bfebf6a55b25da9e05fdeff33c5655.jpg

We're in Germany ourselves (not sure if it's me or someone else you refer to!) so plan to cross Belgium on Saturday and fill up at an automated petrol station. Toilet stops fortunately not a problem as we're in the van!

How anyone would prove adherence to this is a mystery...

1 hour ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Pity Chumley has been cancelled as it would have been a good reunion! Am I right in thinking you are the same reanimation that also used to be on Retro Rides? If so I was Jammzr on there and you may or may not remember hanging out at Santa Pod once at what I guess must have been the Retro Cars show.

My mom brain was struggling for a minute and then pop! I think I remembered. You have an Orange Viva that wouldn't start without a push right.... Or my.mom brain failed? But yes is I!

Where's this October fest thing?

16 minutes ago, mat_the_cat said:

You can even stop and get out if you need to, provided you don't mix with other people. 

We're in Germany ourselves (not sure if it's me or someone else you refer to!) so plan to cross Belgium on Saturday and fill up at an automated petrol station. Toilet stops fortunately not a problem as we're in the van!

How anyone would prove adherence to this is a mystery...

It wasn't you, but I had a feeling I knew more than one person currently abroad. Several it seems! Quite envious.

9 hours ago, reanimation-films said:

My mom brain was struggling for a minute and then pop! I think I remembered. You have an Orange Viva that wouldn't start without a push right.... Or my.mom brain failed? But yes is I!

FB_IMG_1599200218485.jpg.e185e02740e99bf450b597f457983a40.jpg

Yup that's right I had this HC Viva with a 2 litre pinto at the time but it's long gone and yes it did have a dodgy starter and required bump starting occasionally.

I think the October thing is in Wales.

11 hours ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

FB_IMG_1599200218485.jpg.e185e02740e99bf450b597f457983a40.jpg

Yup that's right I had this HC Viva with a 2 litre pinto at the time but it's long gone and yes it did have a dodgy starter and required bump starting occasionally.

I think the October thing is in Wales.

Hallelujah! Blimey hope you're well and the car looks amazing! Will have to drop you a PM soon.

On 9/3/2020 at 9:44 PM, reanimation-films said:

The plan in its previous incarnation was centred around the Denbighshire-Conwy roads, with the option of heading further West. There is a thread charting the plan so far, search for Shitesteddfod, 

On 9/3/2020 at 10:19 PM, Schaefft said:

Now Im really curious if they want proof that you didnt exit the car in France/the Netherlands. Theres absolute no way they could tell.

Or indeed that you came from Germany and weren't in France the whole time.  My understanding is that your word is taken when you enter the UK without question, but that it would obviously be illegal to enter the UK from e.g. France without filling in the online form.  2 weeks quarantine should be easy enough so personally that's our plan for later this week

On 9/3/2020 at 9:10 PM, dollywobbler said:

I came back from Norway last Monday, through Denmark/Germany/Netherlands/Belgium/France. We deliberately camped on the German border for a night before venturing to the channel tunnel, didn't stop in any "bad" countries for a slash/fuel so were exempt from quarantine following the rules on gov website.

Point of this post, though...

Nobody asked where we had been at the border either leaving France or entering the UK (both borders did a fairly comprehensive search of the van, though. Guess I look dodge)
Nobody asked if we were required to quarantine or advised that we might need to
Nobody asked if we had completed the online UK entry form (Missus had, I didn't as I was driving and forgot)

So, who would actually know anyway!

I won an item on eBay, and I said I could collect it on the evening of the 20th. The seller sends me his address, which is... round the corner from Cholmondeley Gardens. I have to drive past the gates.

So, I couldn't attend the show, then the show couldn't go, now I'm going to show up at the show that I couldn't attend but it's not there.