Chodmolestedly - 20th September Chumley Castle... bad news folks.... ?

brownnova

I’m new to AS - I think I’ve pieced together the clues of “Chodmolestedly”, “Castle” and “A49“ successfully to work out where this is, a mere 400mile round trip. I’m in!

Do I need to do anything other than turn up on the day? I’d intend to bring a “show” car rather than be in general parking. Probably the Pebble Beach Volvo 440 if an M-reg is allowed in. 

12 minutes ago, rob88h said:

I’m new to AS - I think I’ve pieced together the clues of “Chodmolestedly”, “Castle” and “A49“ successfully to work out where this is, a mere 400mile round trip. I’m in!

Do I need to do anything other than turn up on the day? I’d intend to bring a “show” car rather than be in general parking. Probably the Pebble Beach Volvo 440 if an M-reg is allowed in. 

I'd love to see a less crusty 440 than mine! If I still have mine I'll come in it, otherwise it will have to be my 924

11 hours ago, rob88h said:

If it happens, Mr @brownnova will usually organise tickets. It's usually about 6 or 7 quid to enter a show car on a group stand. Show cars ideally need to be in the show by 11am. Our stand usually gets "allocated" the spot of the field furthest away from the concourse arena.

Mmm it's the weekend I have the children... Eva would probably enjoy it tbh, Charlie less so but Amy works Sundays now, so it'll be a hard no chance of doing a swapsie. 

Hopefully by September they can stay at granny's again and I'll bring Eva and let Charlie have a weekend with granny and grampy. 

I could do it in a day, although wouldn't be able to stay for the ad_hoc shitefest that starts when the field empties, I'll fall asleep on the way home! 6 hour round trip... I'm even more of a maybe now. But plenty of time to work these things out! 

8 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Mmm it's the weekend I have the children... Eva would probably enjoy it tbh, Charlie less so but Amy works Sundays now, so it'll be a hard no chance of doing a swapsie. 

Hopefully by September they can stay at granny's again and I'll bring Eva and let Charlie have a weekend with granny and grampy. 

I could do it in a day, although wouldn't be able to stay for the ad_hoc shitefest that starts when the field empties, I'll fall asleep on the way home! 6 hour round trip... I'm even more of a maybe now. But plenty of time to work these things out! 

It's nigh on 8 hour round trip for us and we still manage the ad-hoc Shitefest. I usually leave the house at 6, stop at the A49 cafe for brekfast about 0915, be at the show for 11, leave about 1700 and up the road for 2100

1 hour ago, davidfowler2000 said:

It's nigh on 8 hour round trip for us and we still manage the ad-hoc Shitefest. I usually leave the house at 6, stop at the A49 cafe for brekfast about 0915, be at the show for 11, leave about 1700 and up the road for 2100

Aye, but your the SVM, that's a short trip up the road... I've not got the stamina! 

Team FAT n BLIND are a probable, may try and wangle Nev_Junior's MG ZS180. It's yellow, and may be fitted with N reg plates, because I've never* done that before....

The Capri is boxed in with all of Outlaw_junior's possessions, so failing that, I'll be in Megamoose (also N reg) or if he's coming, @Nev has 2 stupid cars to bring. 

1 hour ago, outlaw118 said:

Team FAT n BLIND are a probable, may try and wangle Nev_Junior's MG ZS180. It's yellow, and may be fitted with N reg plates, because I've never* done that before....

The Capri is boxed in with all of Outlaw_junior's possessions, so failing that, I'll be in Megamoose (also N reg) or if he's coming, @Nev has 2 stupid cars to bring. 

Mind if needs be I think we're allowed up to 10% of the stand to be moderns

1 hour ago, hairnet said:

grow some :P

This is true. But we expect such trips from the SVM, no one expects anything like that from me... 

(if I swap my weekend, it'll be fine as a late night on my own is fine, but if I had the kids I'd be leaving mega early in the morning then afternoon, just won't work as easily as it should. 

11 hours ago, loserone said:

Can we peer-pressure @davehedgehog31, @Jim Bell @davidfowler2000 @stereotype, @Ghosty  @reb @Jimbob McGregor @bramz7 and anyone else with a 205 to get them fixed, rock up and make a full row?

I'd be game for coming if it goes ahead, but don't think the 205 will be on the go by then. Happy to come in similar vintage 405 though.

13 hours ago, loserone said:

Can we peer-pressure @davehedgehog31, @Jim Bell @davidfowler2000 @stereotype, @Ghosty  @reb @Jimbob McGregor @bramz7 and anyone else with a 205 to get them fixed, rock up and make a full row?

If you can find me an engine without a multiplexed ECU and someone to trailer it there, maybe! I'm not allowed to drive for health reasons right now so attending shows with any car is unfortunately not really possible. ☹️

14 hours ago, loserone said:

Mines already has fixoration in the works

2 hours ago, loserone said:

Do you want me to look? I mean, I have an EW10 I'm planning on using myself...

If you don't mind, that'd be handy, my mind is to all over the place at the moment to manage. I'm unfortunately not in a financial position to buy anything right now, soon I should be though.