New to the fleet - Blue Movano!, Lights, CAMPER, Action!

cpjitservices

we use a granvia people carrier so as our sleeping arrangements vary i wont bore you on that.

if the occupants are under 6' tall get a domestic bed sofa and bolt to van floor, there is loads of good used 2nd hand for under 100 quid, you need brewkit and bog, bog is easy a porta potty and bog tent outside or if its pissing down use a bucket inside. brewkit, if on leccy take a microwavve and kettle most sites are at least 10 amp, unless you are a spark and can properly install mains just use one of these, it has rcd https://www.towsure.com/camping-site-mains-supply-unit-3-outlet gas wise either a single burner suitcase costing 15 quid or a double with grill https://www.towsure.com/campingaz-camping-chef-folding-stove i dont like using a naked flame in the van so i cook outside on gas but will use a mico inside.. pots, plates and cutlery just raid the charity shops. can get enough eating troughs and irons for under a fiver. dont skimp on sleeping kit though, good bags are a must, dont ever rely on being on mains and running a oil filled rad as site power always fails during the night or the post trips. stay warm

7 hours ago, cpjitservices said:

Interesting, there are people on the forums and FB groups saying they have be classified as Van with Doors as reclass as Camper is hard to get even if you do have the guidelines done.

I can well believe it, but the way they have written it does not say that it *has* to have all of the criteria. Interestingbthat they have written it in such a way when they used ro have a prescriptive list. I suspect that if they feel it isn't in the spirit of the guidelines they won't approve the reclassification, so by wording it vaguely gives them freedom to do so.

• 2 months later...

Quick Update

Sorry I havent been on for a while!

So far conversion consists of some rear seats purchased (need to figure out seatblets) and old flooring and wood ripped out from the rear! 

Split charge system installed and fuse box, along with Main Switch panel and some lights - all temporary fixed for now. 

:)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Its been in for MOT.

Failed initially but not by much!

Less than £500 (£475.50) later and its a pass!! :)

Garage where actually quite impressed, for A Van that has 170k on it they expected it to be a shed but its actually really solid and runs sweet as a nut!

image.thumb.png.4564920fe338e4a5e197cf1395178fba.png

Not ba considering it hasnt moved since last August! 

On with the conversion.....