"Shonky" the CX - given up :-(

BertiePuntoCabrio

Well HELLO everybody, 

Yes, I have the (dubious) pleasure of now looking after the CX which was the subject of a recent roffle experience.

Now named "Shonky" after the HubNut video, it's time to actually do something with it!

Since getting it recovered, I have had a little look over it, enjoyed the marvellous comfy seating for a cup of tea and started and moved it a few times.

I did take the opportunity of a photo or two just before my BX was picked up on Saturday.

Anyway, I have it booked in for an MOT tomorrow to find out exactly what is needed to become hopefully road legal.

This of course means I get to enjoy a drive to the garage!

This will be my first CX driving experience and I haven't driven a left hand drive for about 20 years so that should be entertaining.

I have a 1 day insurance to get it there and back afterwards!

The plan is simply MOT and then look through the fail sheet and get it all priced up.

Fingers are (will be) firmly crossed as whilst prepared to spend a fair amount to get this lovely old thing roadworthy, I do not have a bottomless pit of cash available.

Let's wait and see how many pages the fail sheet(s) run to.....

20200711_110758.jpg

Well - I managed to drive it to the garage without hitting anything so that's a bonus... 

Fuel attendant at Morrison's gave me a funny look!

I don't find the DIRAVI steering too odd but was more worried about the brake "button" pedal actually.

Thoroughly enjoyed leeeeeeeaning through the bends!

It has a fair amount of "Allez!" when you put your foot down.

Anyway, now we wait until tomorrow to see what the verdict is.

Wish me (and Shonky) luck!

5 hours ago, BertiePuntoCabrio said:

....I don't find the DIRAVI steering too odd but was more worried about the brake "button" pedal actually....

Don't stamp on it like normal brakes. All you need to do is caress the brake. Imagine playing footsies with your favourite woman.

2 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Don't stamp on it like normal brakes. All you need to do is caress the brake. Imagine playing footsies with your favourite woman.

Funniest thing ever was when the ex drove the xm for the first time. Luckily there was nothing behind us! 

Chris kindly let me drive his xm to pick up my xsara and back, and yup, it felt bloody odd again after 6 non hydro cars and about 5 years

1 minute ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Not really. The Citroen brakes are easy to get used to. Stamping on brake pedal is misbehavior introduced by ABS. Anybody born before the ABS became standard equipment knows how to brake properly.

Yup, BX/CX brakes are sharper than those used on other cars, but they are definitely not on/off.