Gilbern classic shite

95 quid Peugeot

My old man had 1 of these in the eary 80's

Fitted with a wide arch kit and painted a very vivid bright blue colour,it stood out in a dreary Oswestry

All the rear lights were tripled as a styling touch and the front spoiler was so low it kept getting cracked and muggins here got the weekly job of filling and painting it

I know Gilberns are shite. I know they are tacked together, low volume piles of stuff that no one else wanted. I know that the frames were wibbly wobbly things designed by someone who clearly wasn't the best chassis designer in the world and I know that as something to run they would be nothing but trouble. I know all that but I don't believe it. I love Gilberns. I love the fact they are Welsh and I love that they have a dragon on the grille.

Top stuff.

10 hours ago, spartacus said:

We might have already been here but do you have a link for that ramp/lift thing.

Is that workshop the one at your place, it's looking mega tidy!

The lift is a AS-0901/3 Automotech (Sorry cant paste link in as using work slaptop) I was looking at a group buy to try and haggle a discount from them, but to be honest customer service was piss poor, I must of mailed them 3-4 times and called with no response, I ended up with this off Ebay, used for one job, and sold on, its surprisingly helpful, I would say, only go for the adjustable one, the price difference between fixed and adjustable is very small.

Yes workshop is the ratty barn behind house,

^^^^^^  JimH  I ran them as dailies in the past, I had an estate one and it was first car I did 25K miles in a year without having to fix anything