Civic duty

DVee8

Star Trekkin' across the universe
On the Starship Enterprise, under Captain Kirk

So it's 6.45am on a Saturday morning.

A convoluted part delivery,part collection with a return leg for something that isn't for me. The things we do..

Poo count not yet but soon.. 1

image.thumb.png.e4eaa1c9af47c48715369662910dc2e7.png

image.thumb.png.07417521b1c0a174f841bd2650013a57.png

So i pulled into the work car park on wednesday afternoon,followed by a workmate in a new car.

Nice,crash the old one again says I.. (he didn't actually crash the old one it was the one before)

Till he said yes a little bump in Maccy dees drive through into a Audi a little front bumper action.

I said a off the cuff what did yo do with it?   Still got it do you want it?  How much?   oh that much ..   will you deliver? yeah if you meet me at work and i'll follow you home then drop me back off..

This is going to be for No1 son, the plan is to park it in front of the garage the Daimler is in and wait till he notices..

Then it will be  dad   dad  dad  dad someones parked in front of the garage..

There is a number of extreme valeting videos on the tube. 

The vaxing is the money shot, it's as strangley compelling as watching Dr. Pimple Popper. 

Grosser the better. 

One guy even offers to valet the grimmest cars for free if he can video it. 

37 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

There is a number of extreme valeting videos on the tube. 

The vaxing is the money shot, it's as strangley compelling as watching Dr. Pimple Popper. 

Grosser the better. 

One guy even offers to valet the grimmest cars for free if he can video it. 

He could of done this one,the whole inside is just hanging.

He kept his work boots on the back seat when he took them off.

The drivers head rest was thick of black gunk.

Another couple passes should see it ok I hope

So our Civic duty is coming to a end.

We started to repair the front bumper this morning,got a good section on the damage pushed out with the help of the hot air gun.

The bumper needed lifting to clip back into place under the head lights but we just couldn't get it high enough,so we decided to take the plastic covers off in the engine bay to see what was stopping it.

To find the plastic fitting brackets for the offside headlight broken but also the brackets for the grill and for the nearside headlight broken.

So a slight bump in Maccy dees car park resulted in 2 headlights a grill and a bumper. It also needs a abs sensor, it could use a battery as it's a little weak.

The engine managment light is on but apparently thats a old code that's been fixed but not cleared.

Its a shame really as the rest of the car is fine,still a little scruffy,no where near as bad as it was.

Even the MOT fail wasn't to bad.

• Offside Front Headlamp insecure (4.1.1 (c))
  • Anti-lock braking system warning lamp indicates an ABS fault (1.6 (b))
  • Offside Front Bumper damaged and likely to cause injury when grazed or contacted (6.1.4 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Front Track rod end ball joint dust cover insecure so that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (2.1.3 (g) (ii))
  • Offside Front Track rod end ball joint dust cover insecure so that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (2.1.3 (g) (ii))
  • Offside Front Suspension arm ball joint dust cover no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (5.3.4 (b) (ii))

Motorwise Scrap my car offered £262 collected so when the V5 comes back its going.

Can't save them all..

Shame, but if the numbers don’t add up it’s a lot of work for nothing :( 
are you looking for another father / son project ? So far, I’m finding the world of kit cars to be fun, or at least hoping it will be when the damn thing arrives :) 

4 minutes ago, gm said:

Shame, but if the numbers don’t add up it’s a lot of work for nothing :( 
are you looking for another father / son project ? So far, I’m finding the world of kit cars to be fun, or at least hoping it will be when the damn thing arrives :) 

Are you around we'll bring the obd down

18 hours ago, DVee8 said:

So our Civic duty is coming to a end.

We started to repair the front bumper this morning,got a good section on the damage pushed out with the help of the hot air gun.

The bumper needed lifting to clip back into place under the head lights but we just couldn't get it high enough,so we decided to take the plastic covers off in the engine bay to see what was stopping it.

To find the plastic fitting brackets for the offside headlight broken but also the brackets for the grill and for the nearside headlight broken.

So a slight bump in Maccy dees car park resulted in 2 headlights a grill and a bumper. It also needs a abs sensor, it could use a battery as it's a little weak.

The engine managment light is on but apparently thats a old code that's been fixed but not cleared.

Its a shame really as the rest of the car fine still a little scruffy,no where near as bad as it was.

Even the MOT fail wasn't to bad.

• Offside Front Headlamp insecure (4.1.1 (c))
  • Anti-lock braking system warning lamp indicates an ABS fault (1.6 (b))
  • Offside Front Bumper damaged and likely to cause injury when grazed or contacted (6.1.4 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Front Track rod end ball joint dust cover insecure so that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (2.1.3 (g) (ii))
  • Offside Front Track rod end ball joint dust cover insecure so that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (2.1.3 (g) (ii))
  • Offside Front Suspension arm ball joint dust cover no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (5.3.4 (b) (ii))

Motorwise Scrap my car offered £262 collected so when the V5 comes back its going.

Can't save them all..

That doesn't seem an excessive fail sheet to scrap such a decent looking motor surely.

I reckon if you give it a bloomin' good wash and put an ad up here, someone would surely pay in excess of 262 quid for it. I would if it were and auto.

On 7/19/2020 at 1:29 PM, Tetleysmooth said:

That doesn't seem an excessive fail sheet to scrap such a decent looking motor surely.

I reckon if you give it a bloomin' good wash and put an ad up here, someone would surely pay in excess of 262 quid for it. I would if it were and auto.

To be fair even with 114k miles it has a sweet engine and box. The exhaust looks pretty new. 2 snow tyres on the back that look newish and 2 good tyres on the front.

Ben has cleaned most if the crap from the car it could use another hoover.

If anyone wants it for £262 then shout up.

I'll try a for sale ad.

You could repair all those broken plastic brackets quite easily with FRP.

A one litre marine kit with a square metre of glass mat is less than £20 shipped, on ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1kg-Fibreglass-GRP-Polyester-Resin-Hardener-Syringe-Kit-Lloyds-Approved/233565075566?hash=item366190386e:g:UFMAAOSwRYNb2Gx6

s-l500.jpg

A bit of deft scissor work to make the matting the right size and shape for the part, and away you go. Like as not it'll be stronger than the original, which will only be ABS or some other craplastic.