Alfa 166 - worthy of its own thread - Quick update

Cookiesouwest

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update.

Car went to Andys while I was on holibobs.

Returned, picked her up kept her for a week, then she went off to my Dad, as he really likes her and I was going on hols again.

Now back. Dad still has her and she will be re-joining my fleet next week. 

Need to get her tracking done, following all the work she had. Should be doing that as soon as I get her back.

Then I have to decide on her future. It may be sacrilege, but while I like her, I don't love her.  Plus the Vectra needs a clutch shortly, the ginger disastra is going back to garage for some more brake work and Mrs CSW really wants a new sofa and has taken an interest in Berlingo's. So bills are going to be piling up soon.

Suspect she will be too expensive for a roffle, unless I take a near 50% loss. Will decide once I get the Vectra clutch quote.

On 8/13/2020 at 8:39 PM, Cookiesouwest said:

Quick update.

Car went to Andys while I was on holibobs.

Returned, picked her up kept her for a week, then she went off to my Dad, as he really likes her and I was going on hols again.

Now back. Dad still has her and she will be re-joining my fleet next week. 

Need to get her tracking done, following all the work she had. Should be doing that as soon as I get her back.

Then I have to decide on her future. It may be sacrilege, but while I like her, I don't love her.  Plus the Vectra needs a clutch shortly, the ginger disastra is going back to garage for some more brake work and Mrs CSW really wants a new sofa and has taken an interest in Berlingo's. So bills are going to be piling up soon.

Suspect she will be too expensive for a roffle, unless I take a near 50% loss. Will decide once I get the Vectra clutch quote.

Poor thing will be feeling sore with all that car sharing. You can't seriously be thinking of keeping a Vectra over the 166?

8 hours ago, Kringle said:

Poor thing will be feeling sore with all that car sharing. You can't seriously be thinking of keeping a Vectra over the 166?

I think she has enjoyed her two little holidays.

I know that the considered wisdom, is that all Vauxhalls are s**t, but I do love my Vectra. I'm also happier piling the miles on to the Vectra, rather than the Alfa.

I'm very aware that not using a car often enough, leads to deterioration. The Alfa is 4th in the queue.

Lots of other factors too at the moment.