Citroen C8 - Best £360 I've spent

gadgetgricey

I reckon you would get a minimum of 2 Vespas in with the seats out, may need to remove mirrors and/or tilt diagonally to get through the boot but once in there'd be loadsa space.

I've definitely fitted one in a berlingo which is much smaller (but possibly a bit taller in the boot hole)

2 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

I reckon you would get a minimum of 2 Vespas in with the seats out, may need to remove mirrors and/or tilt diagonally to get through the boot but once in there'd be loadsa space.

I've definitely fitted one in a berlingo which is much smaller (but possibly a bit taller in the boot hole)

Interesting! back seats folded or removed completely? 

Unless you get an 8 seater the 5 seats in the back are all individual and mostly interchangable (the middle row middle seat must go there as it's the only one with a belt, but can go in other holes)

citroen__citron_c8_2_0_16v_exclusive_7_seater_2007_4_lgw.jpg

I reckon if you ran with 5 seats normally you could move the middle one to a 3rd row hole and still have space for a scoot.

Not updated this thread for a while, as beginning to think that buying the car was a bad idea,

Car continues to perform faultlessly, just being sent all round the f'ing county by the wife on ebay collection missions.

Had to go to Leeds last weekend to pick up a table and chairs.
Peterborough today for a sofa.
And she's just said I'm off to Sheffield tomorrow to pick up another sofa.

Half of me is hoping that the pissing car does break down, so I can have a rest :)

On 7/9/2020 at 9:18 PM, plasticvandan said:

I got a vespa 150 super in the back of a Robin Hatchback so I'm sure a big lemon will be fine

Interesting, I was wondering if I could get a small fifties bike in the back of mine! I reckon I could you know.

As for the C8, I went with my parents to test drive a new one at Kent Elms Citroen (now a block of flats) in 2003. It was a petrol in that cool minty green/blue colour they came in.

I really liked it (especially the electric sliding doors) but they weren’t keen for some reason, and bought a year old Chrysler Voyager instead (FY02 XKN)

• 3 weeks later...

Well after weeks of faithful service and some form of collection every last weekend, the Citroen finally blotted its copy book today.

Actually you cannot blame the car, its my stupidity and confidence that the car would be able to take anything... (it cant)

Today's collection mission was a run up to Ashbourne to collect a patio set that the wife had won on ebay, She had shown it me and asked if it would fit in the Citroen, here's where stupidity mode kicked in as I just looked at the pictures and said yes... (should have checked)

Collection also meant I was nearby to @Jikovron so had asked pop over and collect some stuff as knew there would be space next to the patio set..... 

Well when we arrived I realised that I had made a serious miscalculation. The patio set is lovely, but mahoosive.... 2x2 seater benches. 2x1 seater seats, and a large round table....

Two runs for the seats and a final run in my golf estate with the table top strapped to the roof rails. Table top diameter is so wide will not fit in the C8 at all, so had to opt for plan B.

What was meant to be a morning escapade turned into an all day farce. Luckily the e-bay people we bought the set off were lovely, and also apologies to jikovoron but it was a much longer day than I was expecting.

Not had anything on the roof for about 20 years, and then have to travel 60 odd miles home was an arse puckering experience in the extreme. Thing did not move an each as was strapped down to within a inch of its life, but still on edge the entire journey. Especially when a Tesla owner decided that it would be fun to see if I could do an emergency stop or T bone them when they turned in front of me (was half expecting the table top to come flying off like some form of weird frizbee and embed itself in the car.

Need a beer :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well the car continues to shine, and has actually proven more practical than our new house today. :)

We bought a superking size mattress as a treat, which the car took without an issue. Then also purchased a cheap divan base off ebay.  Splits into two sections and once again the car took both with ease, including enough space for the headboard and additional drawers. 

Issue happened when we got home, as cant the friggin divan base up the stairs. Due to twists on the staircase and also a slightly lower ceiling. Me and the wife spent a good 20 minutes trying to re-create the Friends scene yelling "Pivot" at each other with no success. Even removed the castors to try and get some extra turn, with no success.

So hour drive to collect Divan.
Hour drive home
Hour to try and get upstairs
20 minute drive to the tip before it closed.

Not a happy bunny, and felt would have had more joy, if I'd set light to the money instead.