Project Murky Merc

purplebargeken

Went in to work this morning, on the A10 roundabout, just before the M25, blue smoke, chuff chuff chuff noises.

Aha, I know what that is, the glow plug has vacated the premises again, hmm. No worries, I have my 10mm socket and Torx jobbie. Pulled over on the A10, no drama. 

Front plug, bastard to get to. oh fuck, no extension bar.  Cunt. Managed to reinsert and slightly tighten, parked up properly back on the A10.

AA called, Noticed dent in bonnet where the escaping plug hit. Hmm. oh well, was going to replace it anyway.

AA man arrived, lovely bloke. Tried to reinsert the plug but it wasn't wanting to nip up. Looks like it will need a helicoil.

Took it to local trusted AA garage, they didn't want the job, other garage contacted who said they will be happy to help. Taxi booked courtesy of the AA and work via Renner actioned.

Will update.

1 hour ago, purplebargeken said:

Went in to work this morning, on the A10 roundabout, just before the M25, blue smoke, chuff chuff chuff noises.

Aha, I know what that is, the glow plug has vacated the premises again, hmm. No worries, I have my 10mm socket and Torx jobbie. Pulled over on the A10, no drama. 

Front plug, bastard to get to. oh fuck, no extension bar.  Cunt. Managed to reinsert and slightly tighten, parked up properly back on the A10.

AA called, Noticed dent in bonnet where the escaping plug hit. Hmm. oh well, was going to replace it anyway.

AA man arrived, lovely bloke. Tried to reinsert the plug but it wasn't wanting to nip up. Looks like it will need a helicoil.

Took it to local trusted AA garage, they didn't want the job, other garage contacted who said they will be happy to help. Taxi booked courtesy of the AA and work via Renner actioned.

Will update.

Had this with a sparkie on my BMW 728, proper old school garage fitted a Timesert for £90 and job was a goodun 

Cool ^^

Just spoken to the garage GVB Motors in Cheshunt, sound like a good bunch.  They will also have a look at the SRS warning light and adjust the drivers door for me too.

Hopefully all back Monday at the latest.

The bonnet can wait until I move before being done. 

Call from the garage, all done, glow plugs nice and secure, door adjusted, SRS codes cleared and all seems well.  Just over 80 quid. Not bad really in the scheme of things.

I might get them to price up the following:

Change the door handle mechanism on the drivers side as the lock will disengage but not lock on the remote..

They mentioned about the glow plug loom being a bit past it's best

• 4 months later...