Tim's Fleet - new V70

Cord Fourteener

3 hours ago, ruffgeezer said:

Irrespective of the public transport woes, thanks again for a thoroughly decent transaction. 👍

Now Grantham bound, hopefully in time to make the connection to Boston.

nah fuck that give him negative feedback cos he didn't take you home! 🤣

Still in the first week of V70 ownership and I'm loving it. 

So far I can find nothing that doesn't work.

It has a few rumbles at idle, especially when foot is on brake but given its nearly 337,000 miles I'm not moaning, I'm scraping the barrel to find faults. 

I've known cars with a third of the miles that sound goosed and nothing  works properly. 

It really is a credit to its previous owners. 

Again, barrel scraping, the full lock either way sounds a bit weird and the single rear seat back unlock button is proving awkward, but it does work. 

Still, very impressive car. Now I've filled the boot with essential crap for a gig and there's plenty of room to spare. 

Big strong 5-pot diesel says load? What load? Easy peasy. 

On 8/17/2022 at 6:45 PM, Cord Fourteener said:

740, pivots over back wheels practically. V70, arcs round gently. Maneuvering with the trailer will be fun. 

They do have a shit turning circle.  That's the only thing I really don't like about them.  It's odd as the previous gen V70 (850 shape) was nearly as good as the RWD cars.

On 8/19/2022 at 4:03 PM, wuvvum said:

They do have a shit turning circle.  That's the only thing I really don't like about them.  It's odd as the previous gen V70 (850 shape) was nearly as good as the RWD cars.

I believe it is because the suspension in these is set up to accommodate the inline 6 transverse that the s80 got, even though the v70 and s60 never got the engine so don't need the extra room, they share the parts. The previous generation only gets up to the 5 pot transverse so a touch more room. 

re: High beam: I noticed mine is the same. Won't stick on to highbeam when you have the dial pointed at off, even though that still means lights on for me

On 8/20/2022 at 5:36 PM, Shortos said:

Are your full beams staying on? Rather than just doing a little flash? 

I find i have to really concentrate on giving the lightest touch and they will flash with lights on but I blinded a few folk while learning this!

The 740 has a more normal set up. 

I find with all my Swedish designed cars i leave the lights on all the time and when the ignition is off they all go out. 

I learned something about the folding seats. 

Always have the seatbelts done up when folding. The way they enable the cavernous cargo load is by putting the seatbelt reel in the seat tops so sometimes they lock too short to return the seat backs to upright.

Fix: unbolt the bottom of the seatbelt.

20220822_102419.jpg

20220822_102841.jpg

20220822_103031.jpg