Jump to content

Tim's Fleet - Silence the Orks, create tension.


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, MondeoBlues said:

The CDs and HBOL have been received, thanks. If you're getting into folk metal I recommend giving Eluveitie and Finntroll a listen as a good starting point

I'm already well into traditional instrumental folk and Scandi folk, especially dance/jazz folk such as Garmarna and Hedningarna so it's possibly a small step to listen to more Finish Metal folk! If you've not heard those two bands by the way then they are worth checking out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just in time for the heavy rains this year the Seat has been gradually listing control of it's rear wiper. This is ok now but in the dry weather not so ok.

I've read on the internet that in spite of the greatness* of Spanish-VAGish electrics I'm not the only one with this issue. 

Now, the wiper is wiping for Spain's Plain, it just won't stop. No matter how much you try and turn it off.

It looks like I have three options. 1, see if there's a fuse that can be pulled, hope the is one just for the rear wiper. 2, take the wiper off it's spindle or 3, try to understand the problem and try to rectify it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I started to try to fit my estate tow bar to my hatchback.

It might work but I think I'm better off trying to sell the towbar and get the correct one. I don't need it really until later in the year.

So I gave up and put the Prancing Moose stickers on the Volvo instead.

At least something useful*was achieved.

20210215_101457.jpg

20210215_101501.jpg

20210215_110738.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, scdan4 said:

I spent a while once trying to go the other way and put a hatch one on an mk3 estate. My conclusion then was that it didn't fit. 

I'm tempted to remove the bits that attach to the car and replace them with the same size angle iron drilled correctly and to cut the spacers then it ought to fit. 

I'm also tempted to start looking for an estate!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2021 at 11:55 AM, Tim_E said:

So I started to try to fit my estate tow bar to my hatchback.

It might work but I think I'm better off trying to sell the towbar and get the correct one. I don't need it really until later in the year.

So I gave up and put the Prancing Moose stickers on the Volvo instead.

At least something useful*was achieved.

20210215_101457.jpg

20210215_101501.jpg

20210215_110738.jpg

Ooo. Is the Mondeo mk3 towbar the same as the mk2? I'm on the half look out for a towbar for my estate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, N19 said:

Ooo. Is the Mondeo mk3 towbar the same as the mk2? I'm on the half look out for a towbar for my estate. 

I don't know yet but I may be swapping the mondeo soon,  I'll know by end of Friday.  If you want it and I no longer have the mondeo you can have the tow bar gratis, am ddim, for nowt except for postage,  or you can collect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ex @cpjitservices @Floatylight? I think and also ex @Unclefesterand @leanycan

Piss Hat! Box at the back,  round at the front.  Ludicrously fun on the right foot. No matter what gear you're in,  when that foot goes down something fun happens. 

I will discipline myself to cruise gently.  I will. 

20210304_154158.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok so my thoughts on the Passat:

If I were to choose one it would not have tint, though actually I can see a use for it hiding tools but I might end up de-tinting.

Nor would I choose to have smoked rear lights(though that could be due to dirt ingress into the broken bits.  I'll give them both a polish at some point to see if they clean up,  but I might replace the broken one at some point. 

Neither would I ever choose the pimp-spec front grill, I've ordered the standard one. I've also ordered silver TDI letters because I probably  wouldn't choose a car with a re-map, though it is fun. So I'm going to de-pimp it and play it down a touch. 

I do like steel wheels,  still deciding whether to paint black or silver.

I've ordered a single Din cubby to fix the aftermarket single head unit in the stock double din space for the radio. Again, not something I'd choose. 

Neither would I choose the Sport spec as I like comfortable suspension and every inch of ground clearance without having some kind of SUV or crossover,  I do have to drive some rough roads sometimes with grass down the middle. And potholes too. 

But then I'd never choose a Diesel VW product, though when you look at it from an unprejudiced point of view (I mean they started by being literal Nazis and in recent times they gassed monkeys in chambers to attempt to pseudoscience their way out of Diesel gate, which is the single greatest cause of traffic-related illness and death) it's actually fun, decent,  solid and practical. 

I like it, it turns out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2021 at 9:10 AM, Tim_E said:

Just in time for the heavy rains this year the Seat has been gradually listing control of it's rear wiper. This is ok now but in the dry weather not so ok.

I've read on the internet that in spite of the greatness* of Spanish-VAGish electrics I'm not the only one with this issue. 

Now, the wiper is wiping for Spain's Plain, it just won't stop. No matter how much you try and turn it off.

It looks like I have three options. 1, see if there's a fuse that can be pulled, hope the is one just for the rear wiper. 2, take the wiper off it's spindle or 3, try to understand the problem and try to rectify it.

 

Bit late on this one.

If it's anything like the wiper on my MKIV Golf, the rear design is shite.  I had one motor that rusted and seized (rear washer fluid goes through the motor spindle - who thought that was a good idea?).  Replaced it with a second-hand, happened again.  Replaced it with a cheapo and it wouldn't switch off (maybe the relay under the dash?), then eventually got stuck and started smoking on the way to IKEA.  Pulled the fuse, took off the wiper and haven't got around to replacing it.  This was well over a year ago.

Well I don't strictly need to see out of the back all the time...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...