Tim's Fleet - new V70

Cord Fourteener

On 12/1/2020 at 7:31 AM, Tim_E said:

Why?

The new seats have their own tensioners, they came off a car with gearbox failure rather than crash damaged.

Both outgoing and incoming seats have airbags! So the advice is unhook the battery when changing.

Mine threw a fault code, so had to change to original cars tensioners.. was on a 02 plate

8 minutes ago, bezzabsa said:

Mine threw a fault code, so had to change to original cars tensioners.. was on a 02 plate

Mine have not thrown codes.

The problem I've had though is that the new passenger seat has an electronic height adjustment, the old one doesn't, neither does the wiring loom from the car, and without lifting the up I can't get the the seat belt on!

Still, £50 for a decent driver's seat and some stuff to chuck in eBay isn't bad.

It's so so so much better now with the new driver's seat!

7 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

Mine have not thrown codes.

The problem I've had though is that the new passenger seat has an electronic height adjustment, the old one doesn't, neither does the wiring loom from the car, and without lifting the up I can't get the the seat belt on!

Still, £50 for a decent driver's seat and some stuff to chuck in eBay isn't bad.

It's so so so much better now with the new driver's seat!

IIRC the seat height is just a + and - connection...funny as all my mondogs have had the seat height on passenger seats!!

23 minutes ago, bezzabsa said:

IIRC the seat height is just a + and - connection...funny as all my mondogs have had the seat height on passenger seats!!

I think mine is poverty spec, maybe not the  most impoverished. It's an Edge, whatever that means. I get the 2.0 Mazda engine, front electric windows, I get A/C but it's not auto climate control as I'm used to after my BMW and Saab before that. I get a nice stereo, heated front window and alloys, but those kind of things are for the proletariat anyway these days. Actually our Seat Ibiza has steelys!

And these seats which I suppose were ok new, but I've transformed the whole driving experience now with just one new (by new I mean it's done 160k miles) half fake leather seat in good condition.

Which is good as I normally do a lot of miles.

my old 2.0 tdci was a LX, 130Bhp and i fitted Full leather interior uprated dash - brushed stainless look rather than black plastic, had the 6 cd stereo which i painted to match the dash, alloys, trip computer clocks, and some chrome trim..

3 minutes ago, bezzabsa said:

my old 2.0 tdci was a LX, 130Bhp and i fitted Full leather interior uprated dash - brushed stainless look rather than black plastic, had the 6 cd stereo which i painted to match the dash, alloys, trip computer clocks, and some chrome trim..

Plush!

• Cord Fourteener changed the title to Tim's Generalistic Fleeting Phenomena - 924 MOT, and a tat collection

Thanks to @sutty2006i now have a parcel shelf for the Mondeo, and a while bunch of other stuff too, some of the haul is definitely going to be useful when I get round to tinkering, some are definitely good 'just in case' spares.

I got a battery cover too, that lot I think doubled the value of the car!

Thanks again Sutty, top man you are. 

20201204_132702.jpg

20201204_132659.jpg

20201204_132658.jpg

20201204_122504.jpg

20201204_121634.jpg

20201204_121631.jpg

3 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

You are most welcome Sir, little man enjoyed meeting Merlin briefly and enjoyed the cars! Shame about the weather, could have chewed the phat all day but was beginning to loose sensation in me feet! And glad some of those bits will come in useful.

I was getting cold and wet, but most it's the boy faced one, they love splashing but then when the cold hits them it's suddenly terrible 🤣

He soon warmed up, we shared a ChoZen green Thai curry at the services. What mingin weather!

Merlin is gorgeous! Such a gentle and well behaved wolf puppy.

• Cord Fourteener changed the title to Tim's Generalistic Fleeting Phenomena - German Whip Party at mine!

So, today I'm expecting to have the BMW collected and the Porsche 924 looked at. The buyer of the BMW has a lift, who's also of this parish. No idea what car he'll turn up in, possible German. With my Mondeo I think that counts as German?

The 924 viewer is arriving in a Swede so it's not exclusively German.

Collection of BMW complete!

Also, 924 was looked at and played with. I drove a Saab 900ng floppy. Much fun was had, might or might not be doing some sort of deal. 

Also the lift was a very nice Saab 9-5, that was nice to see.

Many thanks to everyone involved!

20201212_121956.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sunny Jim said:

it was grand to meet you, had a great drive home through the mountains in the BMW - I think I'm going to like it! I enjoyed the stuck CD too which I'd describe as rocky folk, sort like a blend of Pavement and Bellowhead.

Good luck with the Porsche.

It was likewise great to meet you.

Glad you had a good drive, I hope it serves you well.

I'll be posting a link to the cd in the sales thread.

https://autoshite.com/topic/43315-2004-bmw-325i-touring-£5-per-ticket-roffle/

On 12/4/2020 at 6:57 PM, Tim_E said:

I was getting cold and wet, but most it's the boy faced one, they love splashing but then when the cold hits them it's suddenly terrible 🤣

He soon warmed up, we shared a ChoZen green Thai curry at the services. What mingin weather!

Merlin is gorgeous! Such a gentle and well behaved wolf puppy.

How the bloody hell you get your lad to eat Thai green curry? Mine have the same tastes as my grandma and grandad did. Meat and veg and occasionally pasta. Maybe you could start a thread in the open forums 🙂.

I decided my essential lockdown journey out needed to be in the 924, seeing as the rare opportunity to use it presented. Only one child, dry enough weather etc etc.

Much fun was had, though i was surprised at the amount of people out.

I'll be sad to see this car go (like every time I sell a car) but I simply need a classic that I can use any day with all the family, and potentially pull my work trailer. Then when I need an emergency daily when my shite daily breaks it will be there. Or if I just want to use it for day to day stuff to keep it in shape I can.

So this car is up for sale or swap. But it is a very good car when I can get out to enjoy just driving it!

20201221_135730.jpg

• Cord Fourteener changed the title to Tim's Generalistic Fleeting Phenomena - German Whip Party, keeping it clean for the kids.
  • Cord Fourteener changed the title to Tim's Fleet - Something is afoot... But what?