Tim's Fleet - new V70

Cord Fourteener

Right. 

Two cars gone, so we need one new one.

I have a commuter car lined up, it's a modern but with high milage and going cheap...

In the mean time I might be borrowing something. Something entirely unsuitable and dull, something I've not even slightly wanted before. But it's available and curiosity is getting the better of me.

Need to MOT it and then hopefully it will arrive.

Polo gone...
Need to get another car for Wife's commute, soon!
Congratulations [mention=20499]leanycan[/mention] you've borrowed [mention=20553]bangernomics[/mention]' new car!
20200726_151638.thumb.jpg.1ba999be70ef9a27c73261f0f68a822c.jpg

Thanks Tim looks really clean that and he said it drove well, so well he tried to buy it. It’ll do him a good turn whilst the Astra is waiting for the big grabbing machine in the sky.

Update, and note of self-stupidity.

I sold too many cars too quickly. The new car is waiting for post Covid delays at DVLA for paperwork to happen before the owner can sell the car. In the mean time is SORN'd and stuck there.

I have this borrow car but the owner told me it's smoky and might not pass it's MOT booked in on Friday due to emissions. They tested it at home and they were correct.

They are now frantically trying to replace a sensor so it will pass MOT on Friday so we can borrow it... Fingers crossed ?

If that goes to pot then we'll need a car sharpish. Not the ideal situation.

At least my upcoming live collection on Friday will be one of jeopardy for your entertainment!

I wish I had kept the Volvo a bit longer...

2 hours ago, Tim_E said:

I sold too many cars too quickly. The new car is waiting for post Covid delays at DVLA for paperwork to happen before the owner can sell the car. In the mean time is SORN'd and stuck there.

I have this borrow car but the owner told me it's smoky and might not pass it's MOT booked in on Friday due to emissions. They tested it at home and they were correct.

They are now frantically trying to replace a sensor so it will pass MOT on Friday so we can borrow it... Fingers crossed ?

At least my upcoming live collection on Friday will be one of jeopardy for your entertainment!

What you need Tim is a 1.4 diesel Citroen!

2 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

You're welcome to borrow the Fenlander, in a 'try before you buy' type scheme, if you get stuck... 

Really? That could be quite handy. It's not me needing convincing, it's Wifey. I've had at least three Rover R8s  back when they were still classed as modern.( I wrote one off and was a passenger when another was written off, fair play they absorb crash forces very well). I was very fond of the them. I never had a diesel though.

I have another line of enquiry open at the minute as well, more of a 'bowlng ball' option; completely impractical for her commute but something I've always wanted. This might not work out. I'm definitely interested...

Very kind thought, thanks @TheDoctor

On 7/29/2020 at 9:54 PM, Tim_E said:

I’ve got a Volvo you could have!

When you find yourself in the shit, i.e. your wife can't actually get in the 924 and even if she could, refuses to drive it and leave it in Liverpool all day for work, and there's only one car left - kids nursery is about 3 miles of step hills away, I need to pull a trailer and use heavy duty tools for work (also eliminates me using 924), you need to think and act quickly.

Some* cretin in our house had a car ownership and space crisis (ahem) so blame lies at his feet. So here that cretin is not only weighing up the delights on offer here but, for practicalities sake, having to consider something close by and from a dealer. Err, it feels dirty, but at £270 and only an hour away I can't not look. 

I'll take this thread with me of course so you can join me in my idiocy, but for now let's just say it's what I call modern, many here would. It's done 100,000 miles, so delivery miles really.

It's had two previous owners, and the last owners have, apparently, carefully adorned it with giffer bumps, bruised, scratched all over it.

It's small but practical, and truly boring. And it has a tow bar so if I need to use it the puny 1.4 pez can give itself a good workout pulling my tools up hills.

And, as Wifey commented - and as far as her interest goes - it's not got an overly-ugly bum and it's blue.

I think it's pretty ugly, though not the worst.

So: possible collection, again?

First, lunch with parents. You'll probably not get a poo count or breakfast shot; really the adventure begins after lunch when we head to the Wirral to see why a dealer wants £270.

Maybe it's worth it just for the jeapody ?