Tim's Fleet - just not towing the line!

4 minutes ago, MondeoBlues said:

The CDs and HBOL have been received, thanks. If you're getting into folk metal I recommend giving Eluveitie and Finntroll a listen as a good starting point

I'm already well into traditional instrumental folk and Scandi folk, especially dance/jazz folk such as Garmarna and Hedningarna so it's possibly a small step to listen to more Finish Metal folk! If you've not heard those two bands by the way then they are worth checking out.

• Tim_E changed the title to Tim's Fleet - The rain in Spain falls mainly on the rear window.

Just in time for the heavy rains this year the Seat has been gradually listing control of it's rear wiper. This is ok now but in the dry weather not so ok.

I've read on the internet that in spite of the greatness* of Spanish-VAGish electrics I'm not the only one with this issue. 

Now, the wiper is wiping for Spain's Plain, it just won't stop. No matter how much you try and turn it off.

It looks like I have three options. 1, see if there's a fuse that can be pulled, hope the is one just for the rear wiper. 2, take the wiper off it's spindle or 3, try to understand the problem and try to rectify it.

• Tim_E changed the title to Tim's Fleet - just not towing the line!

So I started to try to fit my estate tow bar to my hatchback.

It might work but I think I'm better off trying to sell the towbar and get the correct one. I don't need it really until later in the year.

So I gave up and put the Prancing Moose stickers on the Volvo instead.

At least something useful*was achieved.

20210215_101457.jpg

20210215_101501.jpg

20210215_110738.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 11:55 AM, Tim_E said:

So I started to try to fit my estate tow bar to my hatchback.

I spent a while once trying to go the other way and put a hatch one on an mk3 estate. My conclusion then was that it didn't fit. 

2 hours ago, scdan4 said:

I spent a while once trying to go the other way and put a hatch one on an mk3 estate. My conclusion then was that it didn't fit. 

I'm tempted to remove the bits that attach to the car and replace them with the same size angle iron drilled correctly and to cut the spacers then it ought to fit. 

I'm also tempted to start looking for an estate!