Tim's Fleet - new V70

Cord Fourteener

I thought it about time I made a general fleet thread, seems easier for general posting.

First, I made a well cringe-worthy video for Mighty Car Mods' Unicorn Circuit on their second channel. I don't think it ever got used, and I've stopped watching that ages ago anyway.

But, for your enjoyment and an opportunity to see being awkward, my local area and my old Saab before it went the way of the crusher...

Now that's out of the way, here's my current tat.

VW Polo Mk4A Bluemotion, three cyl 1.4 TDi with tall gearing and aero kit. Slow. This is our New car. We bought this in 2013 as a class D insurance write-off just 5 years old!

20200625_124946.jpg

20200625_124910.jpg

20200625_124856.jpg

20200625_125033.jpg

Here's my daily/work van/childhood dream car.

Edd @Twin-Cam make this video, cheers Edd, it was a fun day ?

I have now fixed the boot hinges, it was a faff and I'd recommend to go to a garage.

I've scratched the roof, dented the roof a bit and I can't quite get the whole boot lid to stay straight. But it works.

Awesome car.

20200625_125142.jpg

7 minutes ago, Twin-Cam said:

I'm going to have to mention one thing about that Polo.

I love the 'never been' sticker purely because it's the pre-1983 layout of the Nordschleife. 

That is all.

You see, I wouldn't know that because I've never been!

I saw it on a car and it made me giggle.

I also saw a Prancing Moose sticker on a shiny new Volvo and I'm on the brink of ordering one for me...

The only problems I've had with the BM are the boot, fixed now using eBay spares and a pesky crank pos sensor failure. That was annoying and required getting the car to a ramp to rip out but it was just a sensor and even though the car was unusable for a few weeks while I faffed arround trying to get it sorted out cost only £85 for the work and the sensor. So no complaints really ?

• 2 weeks later...

There is change afoot with the fleet.

The Polo has all but been sold to another shitter. It's just waiting to be finalised and collected, serving it's last days of our commuter car during transition); we are waiting to see what will replace Rosie Marco Polo (daughter names cars).

There is a strong first choice, hopefully more on that in due course.

Volvo is up for sale but is not selling, it could be that the Volvo is Mrs E's commuter for a while.

Mrs E would not like that very much but I'd be happy...

Fleet update: Polo has been paid for by a Shitter, so that's going in a week or two. Maybe it will re-appear in someone else's threads here.

There is a replacement sorted, arriving in a couple of weeks. More on that as and when it happens. Some know what it is but for those who want a collection caper with clues etc I'll keep it quiet here.

Volvo is still here, tickets are available in the shite for sale section...

BMW is quietly performing well, so that's all good. I saw the baby stains again when cleaning it, on the carpet under the passenger seat, and got all emotional again! ?

I did just about everything wrong, getting nowhere fast, and now I don't like caravans.

Ours is shite though.

Good job that after this trip it's going to become a spare room full time, rather than spare room with part time function as a travelling shit heap!

Looking forward to having a change of scenery with family though!

20200721_125729.jpg

20200721_130128.jpg

On 7/21/2020 at 1:06 PM, Tim_E said:

I did just about everything wrong, getting nowhere fast, and now I don't like caravans.

Ours is shite though.

Good job that after this trip it's going to become a spare room full time, rather than spare room with part time function as a travelling shit heap!

Looking forward to having a change of scenery with family though!

20200721_125729.jpg

20200721_130128.jpg

We actually had a good time and I remembered that caravanning is not too bad.

I'm not a caravaner, it's still primarily a spare room, but we might take it out again. It's very convenient.

And cosy...

My 2.5 BMW is a lovely tow vehicle as well. Smooth and bags of torque at low revs.