Ghostly Goings On - over the moon

Ghosty

It has an engine. It's pretty clean:

received_379845409665064.jpeg?width=1302&height=677

A previous owner seemed to be handy with electrics. 

received_335878710782459.jpeg?width=352&height=677

This is a neat little install, and it also works as a voltmeter, the centre has a readout when the car's running.
Further to the LEDs and the speakers, I also found a 12v socket has been added to the boot! Handy. 

• Ghosty changed the title to Ghosty Goes Manual - fucksake
1 minute ago, Ghosty said:

aaaaaaaaaaand the cat's been stolen. fucking shitecunt. 

shitecunt indeed.  Was it a side-of-the-road trolly-jack and a cordless grinder job?  I'm desperately waiting to see a youtube video of one of these cunts trying to do this and having the jack fail so the car traps them long enough for the police to get there.

Bastards.

Bad luck man, that's the sort of shit that makes me glad I live here!

Nice car though, I had one a while back in a very dark purply-black with mg alloys, really liked it.  T'was fairly rotten under those bastard plastic sill covers (pet hate of mine...Outback's got them too), and that's what did for it in the end.  Don't think I've had a car that was such a good all-round package since...  good on fuel, good to drive, enough room for family trips, smart-looking wee thing... well bought!

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

Happy to bung £20 your way into the pot for a new exhaust/bottle of rum to forget*all about it , I know how you probably really don't fucking need this atm!

1 hour ago, puddlethumper said:

^^ I'll chuck 20 into the pot as well if it helps.

Just been for a snooze and came back to this. I'm humbled, that would be a massive help - it's a good way towards a new cat. PM incoming...  

In my mates garage when he answers the phone... 

Yeah, what really loud? 

Is it a Honda?

Your Cat has been nicked!

Apparently the third one in a week round our way. All Honda. They are worth the most weighed in. 

One was outside the school in broad daylight. 

Sorry to hear Ghosty. 

I'm obviously naive and ignorant, but I thought this sort of lark was - by and large - over.  And, as above, thought it was almost exclusively newer cars that get the treatment.

11 hours ago, Rod/b said:

Straight bit of pipe welded in there, though, and job’s a good’un. 

@Rod/b and me - never seen in the same room at the same time.

;) 

12 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

I'm obviously naive and ignorant, but I thought this sort of lark was - by and large - over. 

I think the scrap value prices have died off but scum are still out there and "stocking up" on them. 

Prius seems to be the biggest target.  After that , its Honda's. 

Cat prices are on the up again. I know on the Clio Facebook group there are people paying between £350 and £500 for them, depending on the age. Older cats are worth more as newer cars have more efficient cats and optimised better for smaller cats. Aftermarket cats worth bugger all as tiny elements in them. 

I'm very conscious that my Clio cat is worth around half the value of the car!? Thus a little bit worried that the cat may disappear like ghostys has. 

Yo Sir Maximillian McGhost, I've got no squids to throw in, but would it be worth enquiring on a local banger racer page or Ovalchat or summert? 

When I was on Faecesbook there was always someone on the banger pages buying and selling cats, and as a Civic is a fairly popular steed, there may be someone who's got one kicking about.

Fucking pain in the arse though M9.

Once you've got it replaced, some additional form of security for it might be a good idea.  Even just a bolted on bit of steel to cover where the cat sits (like an undertray) is often enough to deter the cat thieves, as they can't get to what they need to easily, meaning they'll be there longer, and hence more vulnerable to being caught.

4 hours ago, SiC said:

I'm very conscious that my Clio cat is worth around half the value of the car!? Thus a little bit worried that the cat may disappear like ghostys has. 

I can confirm that de-catted 1*2s are for winners. 

Remove now, and keep for MOT time.

Security and performance!  

6 hours ago, Talbot said:

Once you've got it replaced, some additional form of security for it might be a good idea.  Even just a bolted on bit of steel to cover where the cat sits (like an undertray) is often enough to deter the cat thieves, as they can't get to what they need to easily, meaning they'll be there longer, and hence more vulnerable to being caught.

This is being done :)