Ghostly Goings On - over the moon

Ghosty

2 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

What's wrong with the Prelude?

Comfort and ergonomics issues are the main thing. I barely fit in it on multiple levels. 

There's a knocking from the rear that sounds like it could be a damper which are £90 a corner, as are the tyres which are a similar price before fitting, the park switch on the gearbox doesn't always let it start... . It's cosmetically poor too.

5 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

Lol.

The comments are going well for him, someone has attached the half fell off the truck picture from swaptime.

Also it's got a "slight knock from the engine at certain revs", "probably just a bearing or swap"

fe2b87d10d32e8da68754ac090a98b9c.jpg

Those comments are all mates of mine and/or car folk that have been in contact with the car over summer. 

That isn't even the guy I sold it to (for the Ignis), he sold it when it started knocking about a month ago. In his first ad he said he'd 'had it a few months' and got half the specs wrong. He thought it had carbs from a CBR and that the seats were real Recaro.

I looked into the difference in specs, and it turns out 1999 LSs weren't offered with a sunroof and gained the centre armrest. The seats are completely different too. Weird. 

I think I'd ideally like to find a slightly earlier car as they have more comfortable seats - and I like how much lighter the sunroof makes the interior. 

5 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I looked into the difference in specs, and it turns out 1999 LSs weren't offered with a sunroof and gained the centre armrest. The seats are completely different too. Weird. 

I think I'd ideally like to find a slightly earlier car as they have more comfortable seats - and I like how much lighter the sunroof makes the interior. 

put the two in front of mum and give her 1st choice

• 3 weeks later...
  • Ghosty changed the title to Ghostly Goings On - new shoes
  • 2 weeks later...

Home. It's lovely. Few jobs need doing but nothing major. It needed a jump start in Sheffield after it refused to start, but the car came with two batteries and there was some doubt as to which of them if either was any good, so hopefully that's not much. However after the jump it's been starting just fine again... the car supposedly has a hot starting issue but it was acting like a low battery, so more investigation required. 

Drivers door lock, misfire (arcing HT lead), little things like that. 

20211120_171445.thumb.jpg.167798b4ed460b764838e9a39e03dd30.jpgimage0-1.thumb.jpg.b8d2e8057549d0e013afa3c41e5db86e.jpg