Ghostly Goings On - over the moon

Ghosty

25 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

They're very comfy imo. Apart from the new high speed trains whose seats are like sitting on an ironing board.

I agree.  Not as comfy as they were, and Detachis are fucking dire, but still passable for the most part. 

My train is 20 minutes late thanks to a trespasser, and I have a 30 minute connection to make in Birmingham. 😬

I would post something like

All Your Civics Are Belong to Ghosty

but it's not really funny when it's true.

Have you ever had problems with the insurance companies when you change cars with them every 72 hours?

I recall some other chronic shiters have been accused of being car dealers and had insurers refuse them any more changes in a policy year.

Just now, Dave_Q said:

Have you ever had problems with the insurance companies when you change cars with them every 72 hours?

I recall some other chronic shiters have been accused of being car dealers and had insurers refuse them any more changes in a policy year.

Has happened to me in shitier times 

4 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Nice!  Giffer owned, one assumes, given the mileage and condition?

Mostly giffer. Logbook says 2 previous keepers so I'm the 4th. Service book is stamped to 16k. 

Feels like it needs a good drive to loosen up a bit. Off to find dinner. 

32 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I'm near Brum now. Had a quick bite but I'm going to find something proper. 

Pop up to Uttoxeter. I've got a massive roast chicken in the oven.  ST14 7JJ you'll spot the house. White GTC astra outside. 

20211018_200800.jpg

40 minutes ago, New POD said:

Pop up to Uttoxeter. I've got a massive roast chicken in the oven.  ST14 7JJ you'll spot the house. White GTC astra outside. 

20211018_200800.jpg

That's an offer and a half, I've only just seen this. Alas I was utterly knackered to the point I couldnt drive any more, so I found the nearest Wetherspoons. Just off the M5 in Halesowen a mere six miles from the services I was at. And free parking outside! 

20211018_200139.jpg

1 hour ago, BorniteIdentity said:

What’s the plan Ghostrider? Hope they’re different sexes and start a breeding programme? 

This one's mine - the Prelude has serious potential for ruin so needs to go, especially considering I got it in a deal that benefitted me, and that was my only reason for accepting it.

Despite being the same spec as my mum's, just a bit newer, the spec is different. 

Both have electric windows and heated electric mirrors, mum's one has a sunroof, a Honda branded radio and central locking. 

Mine has no sunroof, no central locking, aircon, a centre armrest, and a Pioneer radio...

9 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

Not got there yet, it's not always the same policy I'm switching or starting so they don't notice too much. 

I use Admiral by default unless Performance Direct/Grove & Dean will quote it as they offer me £2-300 insurance on classics. For moderns that Admiral won't touch I go Esure. 

I randomly got a renewal email from Confused for a Peugeot 306 (possibly the estate I had?), and it was something utterly reasonable like £350.