Mrs 95 is out shopping

95 quid Peugeot

Very nice, an Invader III is my favourite Gilbern. I remember having a ride in one when I was about 13 years old. It was the fastest car I had been in and I remember my head being forced well back in the headrest under acceleration, I was very impressed! The old factory is not far from where I was brought up.

1 hour ago, 95 quid Peugeot said:

Mrs 95 is out shopping,

There appears to be something on the drive that wasn't there when she left 30 mins ago.....

20200619_124255.jpg

20200619_124236.jpg

That looks fantastic and I love the old Essex V6.

I read that wrong though, in my world Mrs6C is just as likely to come home with a car as groceries!

FUKIN EPIC! You just won the internet. I am jealous... more than just jealous, in a murderous rage that anyone could have such a beautiful car and it not be me. If you come to Torquay in it, be prepared to be 'car jacked' with extreme prejudice.

I very much like that, in case you hadn't gathered. I went in one when I was but a sprog (so it was new) and it was glorious.

21 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

That looks fantastic and I love the old Essex V6.

I read that wrong though, in my world Mrs6C is just as likely to come home with a car as groceries!

so did i thought it was oh shes been shopping and she brought back this

i was like 95 - hand in badge now and get her on here :D

32 minutes ago, xtriple said:

FUKIN EPIC! You just won the internet. I am jealous... more than just jealous, in a murderous rage that anyone could have such a beautiful car and it not be me. If you come to Torquay in it, be prepared to be 'car jacked' with extreme prejudice.

Its most probably the last opportunity to get one at sensible price,  i look at what some of the similar oddball stuff that was around when i got my first one inthe mid 80's and they've multiplied in price several fold, Gilberns and Scimitars, havent kept up

I've had a load of Scimitars (SE 5, 5a, 6 and 6a) and I'm done with them now. Best was a 5a manual o/d and that was a brilliant quick thing. I would love a Gilbern, yours looks to be a late one?

42 minutes ago, 95 quid Peugeot said:

Its first MK3,  ive had,

1x Genie, 2x Estates and 1x MK2 previously. 

GT's consistently 12k now

Are they actually any good? I think the GT is a genuinely nice car, and the Genies are pretty smart with usual caveats about low-volume British sports cars, but I don't really know much about how they drive or what they're like to live with.

14 minutes ago, barrett said:

Are they actually any good? I think the GT is a genuinely nice car, and the Genies are pretty smart with usual caveats about low-volume British sports cars, but I don't really know much about how they drive or what they're like to live with.

They are suprisingly nice to drive,  all mine have been manual. 

Bits not too bad to get and sensibly priced, none of the onesi have had has any significant gel cracking, 

We've had three through our family. 2 mark2s when I was a toddler and a mark3 when I was 17 so at least I've driven one. A mark2 in teal blue with black interior is still my dream car, just like JLU5K. With the prices they're fetching thats not going to happen though.

Sorry, lovely car, you must be very excited! ?