Cube of mightyness has died

xkjagnz

From ask a shiter, CVT has shit itself, garage reckons beyond economical repair, just spent $800 on service, brakes and wof last week. Bugger 

Anyhoo bought this so I can get to work

IMG_20200616_184619.thumb.jpg.1e8f64052d2663c934a3430853c0c4ca.jpg

To you a micra to us a nissan march

2009, 91000 km $3350 (about 1600 quid) 

Big dent in passenger side nose quarter but new wof and serviced

First read of this I thought the Micra / March was to be a donor for a transmission swap into the Cube.

But it's a temporary commuter, while you fix the Cube?

Please don't cube the Cube, they are about the most interesting Datsun since they stopped making straight-six Laurels.

DIY CVT repair that isn't a DAF would be an Autoshite first!

image.thumb.jpeg.1f7d42cef5381689a19f9c33f356dac7.jpeg

http://www.cvt.co.nz

3 hours ago, Asimo said:

First read of this I thought the Micra / March was to be a donor for a transmission swap into the Cube.

But it's a temporary commuter, while you fix the Cube?

Please don't cube the Cube, they are about the most interesting Datsun since they stopped making straight-six Laurels.

DIY CVT repair that isn't a DAF would be an Autoshite first!

image.thumb.jpeg.1f7d42cef5381689a19f9c33f356dac7.jpeg

http://www.cvt.co.nz

do this - find a knackered march and bosh

Nice to see a fellow cubist on here, I took the decision form day one to avoid the CVT boxes ones and went for a fully auto 4 speed. As luck would have it came in Autoshite brown. I had heard all sorts of horror stories about the cost of gearboxes (£5k plus new)  and or the cost of the super special oil it has to use at about £400 a refill and thought better of it.

40735169445_01409be055_o.jpg.44b674c9f9d1a0880691d0c3e414c497.jpg

Mine had a bit over 250000kms on it when it lunched itself and I'll admit that I ragged it a bit, they are surprisingly nice to drive but non cvt ones are as rare as hens teeth here. The micra is also quite good to drive if a bit tinny it also has the original Japanese radio system which I'm trying to figure out. My Japanese is a bit rusty!! Still managed to tune the radio and the satnav sort of works though I'm not sure if it's navigating NZ or japan

I have all this to look forward to in a few months.  Was going to bring Mrs P’s Mini over but bearing in mind we are moving to the wop wops I might bring a Rav 4 or a Subaru as cars are bloody expensive there aren’t they?