Jaguar X type - from Autoshite member?

John Atwell

I bought a Jaguar X type a couple of years ago, needing new cills. Spotted the Autoshite sticker in the window soon after, but for some reason it's taken me this long to get accepted on the forum.

In the first week, it had 2 full cills (DIY), a new front spring and a service, and flew through the MOT, put on a private plate.

Since then, various bits and bobs, set of second hand injectors, uprated discs and pads and new tyres.

Now on 195k and still going strong!

IMG_20200524_193100.jpg

IMG_20200524_193109.jpg

IMG_20200524_193126.jpg

My wife has a 2006 Mk3 Mondeo Estate (which would also count as Autoshite!) Similar mileage to mine, do all the servicing and repairs myself, and it flies through the MOT each year.

She had a bump recently (only real damage was to the front wing), the insurance decided it was a Cat C. I argued with the assessor who reluctantly agreed to reduce to Cat N (which is what it should have been anyway) on condition of repair, full wheel alignment and a fresh MOT. 2 weeks later I think he was surprised when he got what he had asked for! Car back on the road, back to the same condition it was and we have a few hundred left from the payout.