Coronavirus collection on the 13th - WCPGW?

Flat4

Those EP3 Type Ss are great. They can take a lot of abuse, too.

My sister had a pre-facelift one, given to her by her now mother-in-law. Neither of them gave a shit about cars and it was touch parked all its life and never serviced. Every time I saw it the oil didn't even register on the dipstick and it was utterly minging inside and out. However, it still went like shit off a shovel!

I almost feel like I have unfinished business with EP3 Type Ss. My sister got rid of hers after the exhaust shat itself and "it would cost too much to fix" so she sent it to the auctions without even telling me. TBH, I wouldn't have taken it on even for free, as I knew its history! I saw it in the local scrap yard a year or two back, all 4 corners around the lights had half an inch of filler. Somebody had really tried to make it look presentable again at some point, alas it still ended up getting fragged.

Basically, well bought! I'm somewhat jealous because I've driven one and it was ace fun.

On 6/13/2020 at 8:51 PM, Flat4 said:

It appears to be cruise night for stupidly modified Vauxhalls so I'm hitting the road again.

20200613_185005.thumb.jpg.0e55803fe3a3a2cefd85fa6a55442961.jpg

Oh of course!  Second Saturday of the month, so it's Leeds Cruise night.  Nice to see some things haven't changed since the 70s!  I still have a T-shirt I bought there in August 78.  Doesn't fit me now so I must get it copied onto another one.  I bet it doesn't get the V8 content it used to...

The first and hopefully only issue of today.

20200613_224405.thumb.jpg.ae19228bfbadaf533a34e51c85683bf2.jpg

Can you tell what's missing?

20200613_224447.thumb.jpg.466e9beb61a6e282ac9712463667d5fe.jpg

Dipped beams have blown. It was a known issue but one side was working. Great timing coz it's currently a right pea souper here in Durham! Fortunately fogs, full beam and side lights are working so am going to carry on and see if we can make it home under our own steam, without blinding any one in the process...

Anyone know any good auto sparkies in Scotland? Lol

Very quick update, nae photies yet coz I am KNACKERED but we are all home in one piece :) And I am genuinely surprised just what a brilliant little car the Civic is! With a decent set of tyres, I might even go so far as to say it handles better than the Fozzie as it is much lower and it definitely does better MPGs - the average over the last 337 miles was 41.7. As near as makes no difference, 42 mpg from a 2ltr petrol with 170 horses?! I am staggered! All round, I am pleasantly surprised how much I like it :) Sending it out to work with @big_al_granvia on Monday, so he can fall in love with it as well ;)

Glad to hear you made it back with no big issues, I thought it would be a cannonball run straight back, when you took a picture in the pitch black you had me a little worried about the illumination problem.

Also bloody well done on the 42 mpg, I don't think I ever got over 38!