Maxxo desperately trying to save another picasso from bad owners

maxxo

• 3 months later...

Should update this thread

there will be no more updates

had a huge falling out with them

i moved it onto the drive for them to be helpful, apparently the fact the centre silencer on the exhaust fell apart (had been like that ages) was all completely my fault

which really annoyed me as this always happens

and a few other little things recently, basically told them not to bother asking me for help anymore as i don't care

otherwise i reckon a year or two and this car will be dead, either they'll kill it or crash it, who knows with them

A sad ending. I think you've gone above and beyond.

They seem like the type not to bother with the motor but just nit pick if something goes wrong.

They unfortunately can't see why the exhaust failed but just put 2+2 together. 

I think unfortunately you were always leaving yourself open to this.

With people like these I go nowhere near, a prime example is a neighbour with a polo rattling big time that wants an oil change. I know if I did it then in 6 months time and the engine borks I'll get the blame. I don't even recommend garages.

25 minutes ago, Agila said:

A sad ending. I think you've gone above and beyond.

They seem like the type not to bother with the motor but just nit pick if something goes wrong.

They unfortunately can't see why the exhaust failed but just put 2+2 together. 

I think unfortunately you were always leaving yourself open to this.

With people like these I go nowhere near, a prime example is a neighbour with a polo rattling big time that wants an oil change. I know if I did it then in 6 months time and the engine borks I'll get the blame. I don't even recommend garages.

unfortunately they caught me in a bit of a bad mood, where i said what i was always wanting to say

but i'm not getting involved with stuff like this again, especially for free

with the whole oil situation a few months ago it was me who had to pay for it, and me who had to pay for a socket to remove the oil filter

wish someone came and worked on my car for free and paid for everything

they've always been this way and everything has always been my fault, even when they shunted this car into another one that was somehow my fault even though i wasn't anywhere near it

apparently i'm very nasty as i said "the f word" but i've been called worse by them

so yes, i will not work on anyone elses car, especially if it's badly maintained and they don't care

will be a shame to see it die

• 10 months later...

this thing is somehow still going

and still going reliably, somehow cost them pretty much nothing in repairs

oh wait "it's starting to cost us money" they said, yeah cos they needed an exhaust

still not been serviced or even had an oil change

did need an abs sensor to pass the MOT

apparently making a weird noise

i really had ought to give it a service, but i don't see why i should have to

apparently they "don't do enough miles to get it serviced"

it hasn't gone on a journey more than 5 miles in 2 years

need to have a proper nosy round it

they've hit a few things with it since

seems these xsara picassos are tough cars

i'll pop round there house tomorrow and grab you all some pics of the special sill repair

or the haphazardly applied underseal

and the scuffed wheels

forgot to say i borrowed it last week, literally to go to the shops as the C5 was in getting serviced

terrible misfire when cold, engine management light on and beeping at me saying "engine fault"

the warning messages

"engine fault"

"arrange service"

"stop engine temperature" (i assume a temp sensor has failed as it went away as the engine warmed and seemed to read accurately)

oh and the tyres are abysmal, like proper horrific

abs kicking in on anything more than normal braking in the wet

quality

Best approach is not to worry your shit about other peoples cock ups. The more you notice things they’ve not done and tell them the less they’ll listen, I simply don’t bother now and wait for the anecdotal story a few weeks later about how it’s gone awfully wrong at 11pm on the M1. 

9 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Best approach is not to worry your shit about other peoples cock ups. The more you notice things they’ve not done and tell them the less they’ll listen, I simply don’t bother now and wait for the anecdotal story a few weeks later about how it’s gone awfully wrong at 11pm on the M1. 

i'm more impressed than anything

impressed how tough this car is seeming to be

we shall have to just wait and see for either the overdue cambelt to snap or the oil filter to sludge up and cause expensive sounding knocking