Stinkwheel's mostly Citroen stuff

Stinkwheel

Yesterday I fitted a new (used, as new ones don’t exist anymore it seems) brake servo.

And I had to get it from Spain, apart from that, parts supply is fine 🥹

cf938daacb9bd0b790e25757d2206ecd.jpg
b17eace6b08ee5b9fe6105759c792050.jpg

Hmmm fiddly, but could be worse. It’s nice to have brakes that don’t stick on, gets a bit tricky

• 6 months later...

I’ve been driving the Visa as my daily for a fortnight, including one of my regular trips to Wales. Touch wood it’s been good as gold and I’m enjoying it again, I always forget how good ‘an car’ they are, have a couple of pics that have been taken in the mornings
e9e04d2236db4ae9251e3c3b9c64cbec.jpg
a8cc4fb2d0f93e828e1e6738c1b32ec1.jpg
9b466c1aff937a24135a0a29cea4929a.jpgit even found a friend had parked next to it at one point

Remember thinking how fugly the Visa was when it came out.
Now they look interesting and different - shame so few survive.

I agree, and I’ve owned 4, still sometimes think they look weird.
Definitely rare though, scarily so considering they made a million and a half of the things.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Stinkwheel changed the title to Stinkwheel's mostly Citroen stuff

Did I mention I own a Ford? It’s 18 years old and is my ‘brand spanking new totally modern vehicle’ despite being none of those things in reality, it probably illustrates the age etc of what I’m used to … anyway, the focus of doom, proper early mk2  with 3 owners from new and full service history until 135k (now at 150k) 

IMG_9377.jpeg

IMG_9839.jpeg

IMG_1603.jpeg

• 1 month later...

The daily shite focus needed a new manifold/cat/flexi, actually it’s needed it for about 6 months but you know how it is, all I can say it, it was sort of an easy job that I’d been putting off. But it did have its moments of - is that going to come out that gap? Type questions.
Very Luckily had been given some new Tungsten Carbide burrs and a mini die grinder to ‘test out’ for work (I like my job), as the usual access plus heat shield rusted bolts meant some creative grinding to get it all out.

78d4713dfce294fd61b82c81ff41cdf2.jpg
It did indeed come out after some faffing, new one went in, car now quieter and less smelly.

ae13c6119b4dbdf382b8ec13458e27ea.jpg

The bolts in the old mid section wouldn’t come out so I just clamped it together (with new gasket, obviously) and welded it
Daily motor will continue to be used daily, as you would expect.
I’m off for a shower as I have tiny grinding swarf in my hair, for once though, I did use proper eye and hearing protection, at the same time, I must be a grown up now.

And yes, I know I could pay people to do these sort of jobs, but I do really hate doing that

Today, something is happening with the GSA
2bfea055da3192bb02747593823e7fc7.jpg
After another 5 years, added to the previous 7 years it’s stood still in different places, it still starts and rises - unreliable these old Citroens you know

46df5d72cd953843e53290aa12dee413.jpg

The new (old?) owner will be picking it up shortly. I will have another G series but I think I’ll just pay for an actually good one next time (Maybe, all usual provisos)

5 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

That's cool, David Hiam Ltd were the original dealers for my old BX. I still have a branded tax disc holder somewhere.

I ‘think’ the guy who’s having it back used to work for them, but I’ve been wrong before 😂

this car was well ‘sponsored’ for its scally rally 2006 trip around france/Italy 

@chaseracerwill know more about that 

8 hours ago, Stinkwheel said:

I ‘think’ the guy who’s having it back used to work for them, but I’ve been wrong before 😂

this car was well ‘sponsored’ for its scally rally 2006 trip around france/Italy 

@chaseracerwill know more about that 

France/Italy/France/Monaco/France/Spain.  Good fun.

• 3 months later...

I got waved at today, by a fellow mk1 Peugeot expert driver. It felt weird, but I’m ok with it. It was then I realised the cheap workhorse van i bought in 2015 has become a bit of a cult following vehicle. After years of 2CV’s and CX’s etc which I knew were cult following vehicles. This feels weird, but I kind of like it, have a pic of afforementioned van at home by way of something or another 

1314E3DF-9D03-4018-9E3D-6795DBCA394D.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...