Stinkwheel's mostly Citroen stuff

Stinkwheel

As the Visa is about done (I know, shouldn’t say things like that) I need to move onto the next pile of prime french chod (obviously, I mean Gallic beauty)

But I need AS input.... should it be car with dashboard

a)

1b295219fbef055f82a1f845594a9d5d.jpg

Or B)

4b76e566efbeebfbb28bdd255508e324.jpg

The choice is yours. (And partly mine if I don’t agree with you all)

I recognise the bottom one as a GSA but is the top one an old Ami? (And just as I hit the 'send' button I saw it says GSA on it..) 

Bottom is GSA as you correctly say. And the top one is ami 8 estate. Although it got a little bit crashed a short while after this pic was taken (not by me, I hasten to add)d11811b73ff3f8b3a4a0917a356ac90b.jpg

And the GSA is this one....77e1ca79e6263c7784f55e874b2078f0.jpg

The GSA got a bit left in a garden for 7 years (that was by me though)

Ami any day. 
It's another one of those cars that I'd love, but they are (and have been for some time), out of my price range. 

They are out of my price range as well, I bought this one in 2013 after it had been made a category C write off, so it was on the cheap end of the scale. I procrastinated about fixing it and having it inspected to get a new V5 so long that they changed the rules and abolished the inspection.... so I just applied for the logbook and got it.
Then I procrastinated some more, so it’s now 40 + years old and doesn’t even need an MOT.
And that’s why DVLA rule changes can be a really strange thing.

Thanks for all the comments and votes folks. The reality of it is that i will probably progress with both cars , i have never had a very long attention span and when a job on one annoys me beyond the pale, i shall just switch cars for a bit. 

I actually have pretty much all the parts i need to do the Ami and it is purely mechanical swapping and improving, no welding will be required. Whereas, the GSA i will need to spend some money on parts and the welding required is fairly extensive.

As for the requests about 'sell it to me' - tricky. Sense says, yes, finish car, enjoy for a bit sell. But i don't really do that much, as some here that know me will attest. For instance, i still have my first car (a 1981 Dyane) that i bought when i was 16, im now 42. So that sort of puts perspective on the not selling cars thing.

GSA makes sense. Anniversary year and all, even if we can't do much to celebrate it! This year's run to Paris has moved to next May.

Good point. If you saw the welding the GSA needs you wouldn’t think it makes sense
Having said that, it’s now or never for it I think (I’m my ownership at least) so it pretty much has to be now.

Yup. Bullet needs biting at some point. With hopeful Visa success looming, might be the spark needed to crack on. If it can be saved, then hoorah. If it can't, parts are always in strong demand.

Oh it’ll be saved. I appear to possess the last pair of GSA sills in existence. It’s just a big job to do properly. Along with all the other things it needs. And I haven’t replaced sills on a GSA in over 15 years, so I have to re-learn the ins and outs.

Exciting stuff, I’m hoping to return to welding up my GS later in the year after a slight break (of 16 years!).

I had fixed up my driver side inner sill and was ready to fit the outer (which I have ready to fit) I just hope the passenger side sill hasn’t dissolved in the intervening period because God knows where I would find another!