Caffs adventures in MG Rover

bigmancaff

So on a complete impulse I decided to go buy a Rover 45 off @wuvvum

First issue, I live in Ayr and he lives in Norfolk, so I got @howe to give me a life from Carlilse. After getting a lift down to him we drove as far as Lincoln where his £100 punto decided it didn't want to work anymore.  A quick phone call to @Kade and we were on the way again to get my Rover in the comfort of a turbo volvo estate.
Arriving 4 hours late I make a quick buy of a fantastic Rover then turn right around to drive to Reading and drop off a diff. After spending the night in Nottingham we then had the RAC recover the Punto, I waved goodbye to Howe only to stop off and pick up a compressor near Manchester for him.
Getting home at 3am I then slept for 3 hours and spent all morning cleaning it up, and I think I'm completely in love. I've not felt a connection to  car like this since I bought my first MG Rover product 5 years ago (a trophy yellow MG ZS I still own)

Enormous thanks to wuvvum, since I am now back where I feel I need to be and incredibly for a 20 year old Rover almost everything works perfectly, the only issue I really have is that my tilt 'n slide sunroof starting being simply a tilt around Lancaster so I'll be putting some lubrication in there to see if I can fix it soon as I make it to halfords to buy some

20200606_183729.jpg

20200608_144903.jpg

20200608_151653.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this,will be nice to have another owner here,I've list a bit of mojo,tho that's partly due to not taxing it until I need to use it I guess (lockdown nonsense) I bought a very late 99 416,which is near perfect aside from a rusty drivers wing,haven't decided wether to repair (wob) the original or buy a new one.ive only driven it a couple of times so far but it's a very eager, comfortable little car,and the mpg is meant to be good for the time too.

IMG_20200607_175330916_HDR.thumb.jpg.330ef8b33a822bd96cecd306aa22a720.jpg

IMG_20200607_175317053_HDR.thumb.jpg.7929de4eaf28f4df615458e61fdd25c1.jpg