My beige Rover

plasticvandan

Top Buyage Sir, looks a proper thing. Coolant flush and change would be a good idea as you've said, purely due to mileage - or lack of, let alone the possibility of OMGHGF.

There's been a few of these on here @Angrydicky has one, I'm sure he'll be along to offer support/warnings.

Lovely looking 400 I sold my one a few years back  and it was a big mistake on my part as it ran like clockwork and was immaculate after I changed two of the doors and polished It up.

Mine had the Honda lump though as it was an auto and I bought it off an old girl for £250 then spent about £400 on it only to sell it with a years mot for £200 somehow I don’t think I would make a car dealer and it looks like it’s still giving sterling service.

C45D4B3F-43E9-45C8-923F-01F0D600EC37.jpeg

44B09BF9-8ABB-41F0-ABF2-5177D474ECC7.jpeg

66810412-B6EB-4B66-AB46-CFA4912976A3.png

Got this booked in for an MOT on Thursday morning,couple if things I know of that might need doing but it will be good to get someone to have a good check over it,I'm fairly confident though :-) alk so strange,and expensive! For me having only had old bikes for so long now,I know it will all balance out,I managed to insure it for £300 FC which I thought reasonable as I have zero no claims having not owned a car for five years.

Checked the colour code and it actually old English white,thought it looked familiar!

This got bunged in for an MOT this morning,passed with an advisory on two tyres which I knew about,and a bit of rust near a front suspension mount,under drivers floor,I had a quick look as I hadn't seen it and I think it will wire brush,rustkill and stone chip. not bad for a 21 year old Rover :-)

interior lights was just a missing fuse, exhaust was deemed fine,it just sounds fruity.The emmisiond were better than most modern cars the tester said, extremely low,which is great as I haven't put new filters and plugs in yet due to non arrival from ecp.

Garage quoted me 320 to fit a cambelt kit and water pump,does that sound reasonable? Though I could probably do it myself it's not really something I want to tackle and would take me far longer than the time they've quoted for! They were quite complimentary on the car and were of the opinion that it wasn't worth doing the head gasket unless it started to play up,and they've known them run to 70k plus before any signs.

This has been surprisingly rewarding to work on,the advisory for rust on inspection was nothing more than a blister under the underseal and a bit if light surface rust,I peeled it back,wire brushed and rust killed and now has a coat of zinc primer.habent worked out what rubbery spray to use yet.if that's all he found we are in good shape.Front towing eyes were a bit scabby,again a wire brush and they are very solid,so they have had the same treatment. Changed the oil and filter as it was in definite need of a change,new air filter,and replaced the pollen filter which was the original and disgusting!

Haven't driven it yet as haven't changed the tax class,plus at the moment im not going anywhere do didn't see the need,though I would like to drive it a bit to get a bond going.overall so far it's proving to be worthwhile of s bit if effort and hopefully will give me a few years motoring 

SWMBO bought one new. The only troubles of note were a water leak behind the cylinder head - just an O ring, a holed radiator and fatigue-failiure of the bracket that holds the clutch slave cylinder.

When she had the Rover, I bought a new Golf*.  The Rover was a much better car in every  possible way. Poor Rover died of engine abuse on the M4 one night, at about 150,000 miles because she ignored the rattling and oil warning light ("because I was in a hurry").

**Twat