What was the best AS roffle of ever?

loserone

2 hours ago, Talbot said:

Which was the roffle that almost everyone donated their tickets to Purplebargeken, and he was odds-on to win it, but then didn't?

this reminds, there was a mystery roffle where @dollywobbler's number came up twice in a row IIRC

that whole thing was amusing, worth a quick mention I think :) 

7 hours ago, aldo135 said:

The Bini that’s become an AS bike was a good one too, especially as @Tickman bought me the ticket and I didn’t know until it was drawn! Brilliant wee car that’s ready for a new owner again I’m sure? 

DB5DD4E4-F591-472E-B72A-D8C29A4CA75E.jpeg

How long ago what that photo?

I recently sold the bini to @Robson3022.

How many on here have owned it?

8 hours ago, rantingYoof said:

The story behind that is one of my favourites.

You buy it for £sillylowprice because owner is literally emigrating the next day.
You pootle about in it.
You take it on a track day and its brakes and electrics get utterly gubbed (or, in fairness, more utterly gubbed than they were before)
You understandably think 'fuck this' and roffle it, selling out in about 5 hours flat.
Dome wins, comes to collect, and fixes* the electrics by booting the dashboard.

Yes, but he only fixed* the electrics somewhere in a layby on the A90 southbound after being pulled over by the polis for driving somewhat enthusiastically.

1 hour ago, Supernaut said:

Yes, but he only fixed* the electrics somewhere in a layby on the A90 southbound after being pulled over by the polis for driving somewhat enthusiastically.

The kickdown in the pre-VVTi LS400s only had four gears to work with and was particularly brutal. Mason would think nothing of choosing 2nd gear from about 50mph, albeit briefly.

17 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

I don't think anything will ever top the Lada Samara 'Wheel of misfortune' ROFFLE live at Shitefest 2016.

17 hours ago, beko1987 said:

A perfect mix of a fab prize, magnificent danger and alcohol! 

A form of Russian Roulette, but with five of the six chambers loaded?

5 hours ago, paulplom said:

How long ago what that photo?

I recently sold the bini to @Robson3022.

How many on here have owned it?

That was March 2019 when Jim Bell took us to the seaside for Ice Creams, we were talking about this on Facebook recently! I think it’s had 6 on here. RML Adrian (well his girlfriend) sold to Jim, I won it in a roffle thanks to Tickman, swapped it with Geordieinexile, then yourself and now Robson! 

I fancy doing a mystery roffle one day. I'll pop onto the various for sale site armed with 300 quid and a few criteria to follow* and everyone buys in, winner gets a location to go to. They reveal live on here. 

*And absolutely not switch whatever I buy with the Rover ?

6 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

A form of Russian Roulette, but with five of the six chambers loaded?

A car sat on ramps under the sills at the front, in a muddy quagmire, doing about 50mph with 20 people drinking around it! 

Was fab! 

4 hours ago, beko1987 said:

A car sat on ramps under the sills at the front, in a muddy quagmire, doing about 50mph with 20 people drinking around it! 

Was fab! 

That was quite an experience, not forgetting that lucky* winner JohnK had to A-frame his lovely Cortina all the way back up north behind the scruffy old Lada. What became of it in the end? I know DodgyBastard put it through the Errol auction where those journos ragged it and pissed him off but then it disappeared off the radar. I hope it's still alive somewhere.

On 6/5/2020 at 6:47 PM, TheDoctor said:

I wish I'd won that Samara. ?

What would be the most epic collection from a roffle win? Essex to Aberdeen and back in 23 hours was my entry. 

I did warrington to aberdeen and back in 13 hours , never again , I was knackered for 2 days after 

On 6/5/2020 at 11:48 PM, loserone said:

Yes, I won the ex @Spottedlaurel ex @JohnK ex @Jim Bell Ls400 ("tales of £13 car") and Mrs L1 spun it into some road furniture.  Subsequently swapped for a mandolin, it's sitting on @scaryoldcortina's drive for his son, who's bought a Mercedes Benz instead.

I did see it at the yard and was intrigued. I didnt know it was part of the Autoshite fleet!

My favorite roffle was the one where I bought a random ticket to support the seller, only to win the Mitsubishi Galant I roffled 2 months earlier.?‍♂️